Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadstar tires

4 posters

Go down

Roadstar tires Empty Roadstar tires

Post  Darn Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 am

OK, I have an 07 Roadstar Silverado, I'm ready to go DS. I've read a lot about the tires, and the most common one mentioned for the RS is the Comtrac. I'm finding it impossible to purchase locally. I know I can go online and buy it, but I would rather buy it locally. Reason for this is simple, if there is a problem with the tire, or if I need to replace it, I don't want to have to keep going on line and having one shipped.

So, of the basic American brands, what would be the best tire for my application?

Darn
Darn
Darn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.mycastlecare.com

Back to top Go down

Roadstar tires Empty Re: Roadstar tires

Post  twin1300 Fri May 14, 2010 10:49 am

Darn wrote:OK, I have an 07 Roadstar Silverado, I'm ready to go DS. I've read a lot about the tires, and the most common one mentioned for the RS is the Comtrac. I'm finding it impossible to purchase locally. I know I can go online and buy it, but I would rather buy it locally. Reason for this is simple, if there is a problem with the tire, or if I need to replace it, I don't want to have to keep going on line and having one shipped.

So, of the basic American brands, what would be the best tire for my application?

Darn

Got to know what size you are looking at first???? Some brands don't come in all sizes, so it determines what you want before advice can be given.

Thanks.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Darn Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

I have the stock tire on there now, what are my options? I'm also running spokes. Also, is the Parrelli the rear tire the best option for the front?

I found a link once to a list of tires, but I can't seam to find it today.. can you help?
Darn
Darn

Back to top Go down

Post  poppop Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 pm

i would run a tube my vmax runs a 165/80 15nankang good luck poppop,i run a shinko rear on the front i seem to do ok online it worked out fine
poppop
poppop

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Darn Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 am

twin1300 wrote:
Darn wrote:OK, I have an 07 Roadstar Silverado, I'm ready to go DS. I've read a lot about the tires, and the most common one mentioned for the RS is the Comtrac. I'm finding it impossible to purchase locally. I know I can go online and buy it, but I would rather buy it locally. Reason for this is simple, if there is a problem with the tire, or if I need to replace it, I don't want to have to keep going on line and having one shipped.

Darn

Got to know what size you are looking at first???? Some brands don't come in all sizes, so it determines what you want before advice can be given.

I have the 3.5" X 16" Spoked Rim. I've heard the 175/70R/16 would fit without any mods? I would like to buy a Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgstone.. something I can get locally. Any suggestions?
Darn
Darn

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am

Darn wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

Darn

I have the 3.5" X 16" Spoked Rim. I've heard the 175/70R/16 would fit without any mods? I would like to buy a Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgstone.. something I can get locally. Any suggestions?

All those brands make great car tires, so any of them should do as long as they fit!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RoadStar Kid Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 am

I bought a Goodyear 175/60/16 from Discount Tire for $120. It fit with no probs at all. Speedo is off a tad tho.
RoadStar Kid
RoadStar Kid

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down