Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics

4 posters

Go down

2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics Empty 2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics

Post  Gunruner Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Looking for pictures and tire recommendations for the Yamaha RoadStar. I burned my rear off(tire that is) on my '07 in 9440 miles. I'm going to change front and rear around 20,000 w/car tire rear. I plan on getting the tires before I absolutley need them like I did this time. My ride is a dailey ride rain or shine so I will be putting miles on. I need recommendations as to size, brand,price, supplier air pressure and pics if you got'em. My motor is around 850lb w/windshield/bags/etc. Riding two up 15% of the time and 85% just 200lb me. Have Bridgestone Exedra WWW now so I suppose the WWW will be gone but I can't see buing a new rear tire twice a year. Thanks folks any info appreciated............Mike

Gunruner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics Empty Re: 2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics

Post  Gunruner Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Guess not many RoadStar folks here (sigh)........................... No

Gunruner

Back to top Go down

2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics Empty Re: 2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics

Post  Steve-O Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Sometimes, you are the first! We can stil help.

Roadstar has: Tires/Rear 150/80-16 and 9-spoke cast Wheels, right?

We'll have to get the cypering stick out to figure out the best tire for your bike, but it can be done.

White walls can be done too, but you have to paint them on. This has been done too, but you'll need to search the site for it. I recall some pretty good instructions available.

I'm interested in seeing how you come out with this. Road Star is on my short list for a bigger cruiser - one of these days.

Stay tuned. Someone will help with the tire size.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunruner Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Steve, I do have a 150/80H/16 on the rear. I'm running spoke wheels and will be running a tube in the car tire. I should probably even generate less tire heat than the tubes do now in the MC tire. I'm going to check with the classic car guys as I'm told there are WWW's that are being put on black wall tires at car shows and tire doesn't have to be dismounted! Still am looking at 190/60/16 car tire and if nothing else I'll run blackwalls. I ride too much and in all weather to change MC tires twice a year. Just put a new bike tire on so I have about 8,000 miles and then it's off to the dark side. Still have to work out air pressures once mounted but I believe I'll start around 35psi for the car tire. Bike tires run 42psi rear and 40psi front
RoadStar Silverado is a heavy (814lb wet) bike and the torque of the 102CI will leave black stipes on the pavement when leaving a light(like I do). I hear CT will hookup better and that helps in the wear department. If any info comes up on Roadies let me know. Thanks...........Mike

Gunruner

Back to top Go down

Post  jdc606 Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:31 am

A 195/60x16 works well on the Road Star with no modifications. The popular Dunlop SP5000 is available in this size and I'm using a Bridgestone Turanza that is performing well on my Road Star. I'll probably treat the front rim to a radial MC tire as long as I'll be saving so much money on rear tires. I imagine a radial up front could only compliment the smooth ride and handling of the radial car tire on back.

jdc606

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

2007 RoadStar Silverado car tire specs/pics Empty Roadstar Tire

Post  vstarman Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:35 am

You can find more Roadstar information over here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/DarkSiding/messages

vstarman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunruner Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Forum..............Mike

Gunruner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down