Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got it done I am official now!

+2
smokey2255
Beermand
6 posters

Go down

Got it done I am official now! Empty Got it done I am official now!

Post  Beermand Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Got the GTT mounted today after my spoke rim sealed for 7 days! It took 120 lbs of air to seat the bead. You never saw 4 guys cowering away from the wheel while we pumped the air in! It took 2 tries and the 1st time we went to 110 lbs and 1 side seated but not the other. Then we let the air out and sprayed more soapy water on and took it up to 120 and bang fully seated both sides! I got the dyna beads in and put a new ME 880 up front and got the dyna beads in that. Took off the weights and put in new wheel bearings and lots of moly paste on the spline. I put on new brakes all around and changed out the final drive oil. I started with 37 lbs in the GTT and took it out for a ride and all I can say is WOW! Why didn't I do this sooner? I love it! It is a smoother ride, and you don't feel the bumps in the road as bad. I had no problem carving the twisties as usual, although I didn't push it too hard only have about 50 miles on the tires now and haven't scrubbed the mold off enough to really push it. Only time it feels a little weird is slow walking speed 90 degree turns. Especially in my gravel driveway which has a 90 degree downhill turn in it. Bike wants to stand up straight moving slow. It will just take a little getting used to, but I loved the ride and it didn't have any issues in the twisties at all. It does hook up ie. a lot more traction you can feel that turning from a stop sign or light and getting on the gas.

Here is the photo now where are my cookies????? Thanks to all on this board who paved the way for a guy like me to try this!!!

Got it done I am official now! 100_5471
Got it done I am official now! 100_5473
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Got it done I am official now! Empty Re: Got it done I am official now!

Post  smokey2255 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 pm

So, why didn't you do this sooner? Laughing Laughing Welcome to the club. Twin will be along shortly with your empty cookie box.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 pm

congrats on that tire. I had it on two of my X's. It makes for a great ride. Too bad it didn't go in without a challenge. Oh well, it'll last quite a while.

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 am

Congrats and you might as well know....I ate all the cookies!!! LOL

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 am

Congrats! Good looking tire. cheers
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

You will really like the GYTT ... I've been running one for a few years now. (same one Very Happy ) You won't see any cookies .... Twin likes cookies. Rolling Eyes
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes went on a PGR mission about 80 miles away in Mountain Home, AR today. Lots of twisties going and coming and I was able to get pretty aggressive. It sticks really well, I just have to get used to the feeling of it grabbing the ruts in the pavement, makes it feel kind of weird not loose just wiggles. I am running 37 lbs of pressure wondering if I should try a little more or less to see if that changes?
Beermand
Beermand

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Beermand wrote:Yes went on a PGR mission about 80 miles away in Mountain Home, AR today. Lots of twisties going and coming and I was able to get pretty aggressive. It sticks really well, I just have to get used to the feeling of it grabbing the ruts in the pavement, makes it feel kind of weird not loose just wiggles. I am running 37 lbs of pressure wondering if I should try a little more or less to see if that changes?

Mine did the same thing whenever I hit tar snakes or cracks .... Bobby told me to drop the pressure a few pounds and it REALLY made a difference. I'm running 33 - 34 pounds.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Back to top Go down

Got it done I am official now! Empty re got it done,I am official now

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

34 psi. works good in my gytt,I don't even feel the uneven pavement now. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks guys i will try 34 next! I love this site good advice from people with experience!
Beermand
Beermand

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 pm

I dropped it to 34 lbs and did about 250 miles today, it felt great. All of the wiggling and pulling in ruts and grooves went away you guys rock thanks! I was worried about switching from the Metzlers which made my bike handle the twisties like a bike that weighs less and the GTT handles like a dream and I could lean as good and stick better than the Metzler. Feels very good and I think I am going to really love this. Thanks All!!!
Beermand
Beermand

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

cheers cheers
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down