Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my first official harrasment yesterday

+2
nodakbassmaster
jpierce575
6 posters

Go down

Got my first official harrasment yesterday Empty Got my first official harrasment yesterday

Post  jpierce575 Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:55 am

about my car tire. When I was leaving work yesterday morning, a few of the "bikers" were outside talking amoungst themselves, one of them asked if I was gonna put a set of super swampers on it for winter. Another one made a comment about me not taking any turns and corners so it would be ok. I politely told both of them not to knock it until they tried it. I never once have tried to get any of them to try this, but told them to keep an open mind. I told them that my fron tire wear would indicate my lean angle, right before I scraped the floorboards leaving the parking lot. I also heard that one of them made the comment that if I was worried about spending money for a new tire then I didn't need to own a motorcycle, that was just part of it. I just said I would laugh all the way to the bank with the money I would be saving NOT buying a new tire after 5000 miles.
jpierce575
jpierce575

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Got my first official harrasment yesterday Empty Re: Got my first official harrasment yesterday

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 am

may or may not be the last time, good for your for not letting them pull you into an arguement! Leaves more money for chrome! Twisted Evil
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Got my first official harrasment yesterday Empty Re: Got my first official harrasment yesterday

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:14 am

jpierce575 wrote: I also heard that one of them made the comment that if I was worried about spending money for a new tire then I didn't need to own a motorcycle, that was just part of it. I just said I would laugh all the way to the bank with the money I would be saving NOT buying a new tire after 5000 miles.

I tell them "I can afford a root canal, don't mean I want one!"........................ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RonK Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 pm

--
Say, JP..., what I do in a situation like that is either be serious (if that's the way the conversation is going), or lightly reply (when it's being said in jest). So if they said would I put on a winter tire, I would reply that that's a good idea--what brand would they suggest. Or if they suggested I can't turn, I would agree and say when I got over to Wickenburg (or somewhere), I would have several guys help me drag the back of the bike around so I could head back where I wanted to go. Or can't afford it?--hey, I'm saving up to blow all my money on a new Harley so I can be a real swell biker just like they are.

A little comedy breaks the ice and when everyone laughs, the tension is gone and more likely a real conversation will be forthcoming.

RonK

RonK

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Got my first official harrasment yesterday RoundUS.gif

At some point in my life, I'd like to ride around the US. This is a 10k mile trip. I have 15k on my douglas right now and am pretty confident I could do the above trip without having to change tires along the way. I don't think your buddies could do this trip on one set of mc tires.

There's just something wrong with having to worry about having enough tread for a trip.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Just replaced my front tire after a little over 16k on it. I've had several people say that I couldn't do it, had them follow me around and to try to keep up with me. I even had a little test for them to see that it "works" with them and still they can not wrap their heads around the idea. I do give as well I as I take on the "discussion" but it's not for everyone. Just ride the way you want to ride.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  jpierce575 Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:48 am

twin1300 wrote:
jpierce575 wrote: I also heard that one of them made the comment that if I was worried about spending money for a new tire then I didn't need to own a motorcycle, that was just part of it. I just said I would laugh all the way to the bank with the money I would be saving NOT buying a new tire after 5000 miles.

I tell them "I can afford a root canal, don't mean I want one!"........................ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I never thought of that, good comeback.
jpierce575
jpierce575

Back to top Go down

Post  jpierce575 Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 am

Steve-O wrote:Got my first official harrasment yesterday RoundUS.gif

At some point in my life, I'd like to ride around the US. This is a 10k mile trip. I have 15k on my douglas right now and am pretty confident I could do the above trip without having to change tires along the way. I don't think your buddies could do this trip on one set of mc tires.

There's just something wrong with having to worry about having enough tread for a trip.

The two that were the most argumentative, or tried to be, would never ever try a trip like this, let alone worry about enough tread Exclamation
jpierce575
jpierce575

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down