Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE!

+3
Steve-O
twin1300
onei
7 posters

Go down

I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! Empty I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE!

Post  onei Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 pm

FINALLY! This morning I was at the tire show 10 min. after they opened. They met me with a smile and offered a cup of coffee then got started on my bike. The new tire went on without a problem and beaded right up tight. The only thing they did not do is balance it, but since I am going to go with Dyna Beads I didn't worry about it. So I've got to order my beads today and hopefully they will get here in time to get them in before I leave for Florida.

I have not had time to go out and REALLY ride it yet, just a few small curves on a road new my house, then I came home to mow before it gets to blistering hot. I will take a ride on Lime Creek Road this afternoon.

Some 'ride' observations with the 15 miles I have on it so far Smile

1. Counter steering helps a lot. Since I ride this way most of the time anyway, it was not a problem to adjust to the 'feel' of the new tire immediately.
2. Slow in the parking lot was not a problem for me.
3. I can tell the difference in the curves as the bike wants to sit back up quicker, but again, this is only a matter of getting used to the new tire and I am sure that will happen in no time.
4. I love the feel ... smooth ride
5. I absolutely love the look

Overall ... I'm a happy camper! Pictures are below!

Here's the before picture
I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! 100_0110

Here's the after shot
I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! 100k-312

Here's a good one of the whole bike
I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! 100k-313
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! Empty Re: I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE!

Post  twin1300 Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Wow..... Very Happy Awesome look.

Officially welcome to the darkside! Get some miles on it and then give us a riding review?

.............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE! Empty Re: I'm an official member of the DARKSIDE!

Post  onei Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks Bobby,

If that storm is not too bad (and hopefully over by then), then you can get an up close and personal look when I stop by. I will call you later this week to see how things look weather wise.
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Brad: What tire is that again?

Looks great on your bike...goes with the fender well. I need to get down toward Austin and look at it myself. I've seen a lot of 1800s that really look nice with at MT on them.

Besides the sitting up quality of the CT, you will probably notice the road more with the CT. First thing I noticed was grooved pavement. At certain speeds you can really sense it.

Hit the back brakes hard at 30 and check it out. Let us know what you find out. My mt used to slide out from under me if I locked up the rear. At 30, it tracks straight....at 60 it'll start to step out, but nothing like the MT. Anyway, it's not good practice to use the back brake exclusively, but nice to know what it does if you do.

Congrats and welcome to the dark side! :pirat:
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:15 pm

Steve-O wrote:Brad: What tire is that again?

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 205/55ZR16

Come on down to Austin. I will take you out Lime Creek. I just rode it today. It's about 40 miles round trip of some good twisties ranging from 15mph to 30mph curves. My brother rode behind me to watch the tire. He told me that I came within an inch of scraping pegs a couple of times on the turns. I was riding it about 5-10 mph faster than I did with my MT. Lots of fun. It goes right along Lake Travis, which is in my backyard. Another good run is to go out FM1431 to Marble Falls. There are some fun turns there too.
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 pm

welcome aboard, it only gets better from here

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome to the Darkside :pirat: :cyclops: :pirat: :cyclops: :pirat: :cyclops: :pirat:
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggy57 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:49 am

It looks good Brad, Welcome to the darkside. If you like it as much as I do you'll never go back. I hit LCR yesterday morning, sorry I missed you. Drop me a line if you get out again before your Florida trip, I'd love to see that tire in person

Tom

Siggy57

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Steve-O wrote:Brad: Hit the back brakes hard at 30 and check it out. Let us know what you find out.

Steve,

I got on the breaks yesterday (on purpose of course) at about 30 mph. First impression - there is a stinking lot of meat on the road. It didn't lock up or anything. Nearly put me on the tank. Laughing Second impression - there is a lot more breaking power.

BTW-I do notice the road a lot more. I feel it more than I did with the MT.

I'm going riding with siggy tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting him. If you are reading this Tom, my brother is going to join us as well. He rides a VTX 1800c. See you in the morning.
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:10 pm

Steve-O wrote:Brad: Hit the back brakes hard at 30 and check it out. Let us know what you find out.

Steve,

I got on the breaks yesterday (on purpose of course) at about 30 mph. First impression - there is a stinking lot of meat on the road. It didn't lock up or anything. Nearly put me on the tank. Laughing Second impression - there is a lot more breaking power.

BTW-I do notice the road a lot more. I feel it more than I did with the MT.

I'm going riding with Siggy57 tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting him. If you are reading this Tom, my brother is going to join us as well. He rides a VTX 1800c. See you in the morning.
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Sorry for the double post. My internet is really screwing with me right now. I think it is time for a new modem. Sad
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfpack72 Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Welcome to the Darkside! That new tire looks sick with that fender. We'll have to hook up and burn up 1431 one day Very Happy
wolfpack72
wolfpack72

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-01

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down