Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liability Issues

4 posters

Go down

Liability Issues Empty Liability Issues

Post  Berny's VTX Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 pm

I'm considering going Darkside. Does anyone know who will mount a car tire in the Houston area. I've talked to the local cycle shop and he said he wouldn't do to the possible liability issues. That got me to thinking, are there any liability issues of selling a bike with a car tire and the new owner gets hurt? Thanks in advance.

Berny's VTX

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Liability Issues Empty re liability issues

Post  Larry Simpson Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm

No issues that I know of but common sense tells me that you would have a larger buying field with a mc tire on it.If I were to sell mine it would be with mc tire unless it was to someone who was a darksider already thus problem solved reguardless. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Liability Issues Empty Re: Liability Issues

Post  jedishon Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Discount tires by the Katy Mills Mall mounted mine. I did buy the tire there.There are no laws I know of that say you can't have a ct on a bike. You can ask the Texas X Riders about other places. http://www.texasxriders.com/

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:51 am

Probably have about the same liability as if you sold a bike with a M/C tire on it and the buyer got hurt.
I think people use the "possible liability" excuse just so they don't have to actually say "No don't want to try
something I've never done before"...
Of course in todays world you can prolly find a lawyer somewhere that will sue anybody for anything. Rolling Eyes
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down