Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had issues, but made it through

2 posters

Go down

Had issues, but made it through Empty Had issues, but made it through

Post  Bumbee Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:28 am

Well my mother always said that I would go to the Dark Side when I got older Twisted Evil Well here I am ! Was a hell of a tough time and almost gave up many times. The biggest thing was that I blew GYTT during mounting and being a military man with few dollars to spare, that was a costly mistake. I ran into someone that had GY Assurance 205/65/15 and got it for $20. That one mounted up and the bead popped with ALOT AXLE GREASE and 90 psi. I think it was hanging up on the rubber strip around the Sealant(which yes I sealed the rims as stated above). So, after 1 week, $135 dollars on two tires and now one, yeah one leaking spoke I made it on over.

I rode Wed night for five miles and wasn't too bad. Rode into work on thurs morning and felt the ride was different but not bad at all. Tire leaked from the spoke so I had to go fill it up after work. No big deal and was kinda kewl to know that I can ride alittle on it without much air and not loose the bead. After the fill up it started to mist/sprinkle. Great, brand new front tire with less than 100 miles on it and a new kind of tire on the rear. Oh well, time to see how she does. Completely blew my mind how in some of the turns I hit at 30-50 mph and the rear stuck like a champ. After that first turn I became more aware of paying attention to the front tire as I wasn't worried about the rear anymore. So I am completely sold on it. I just gotta seal this one spoke and I really don't want to fight the tire again so I have an idea and if it works I will post it up.

I did have one thing I don't like. I go over a few bridges daily. I have gotten so used to the wiggel of the tires that it has become a fun thing to hit them. Well for me it is. However when I hit it for the first time on the CT, I almost went down. Something to do with the deeper tread and all. Probably wouldn't be so bad on a directional or something else close to the GYTT design(which is why I wanted it). So after this tire wears in a few years, or I can afford it, I will go with another TT maybe. So broken hearted over the first one blowing up.

Over all, besides the problems during mounting that I had, I am pretty much sold on it and enjoy it so far. Still love the idea its cheaper and lasts longer than a MT.

Thanks for all the tricks and tips in here that I read prior to starting. Helped alot and I found a few other problems just because I gotta be difficult Twisted Evil

Bumbee

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Had issues, but made it through Empty Re: Had issues, but made it through

Post  horseman8m Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 am

Welcome to the Darkside cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I am sorry that you have trouble with the gytt most here love them .
If you do come up with a way to seal that spoke from the outside I would very much like to see how you do it ,
SO take lots of photos and let us know if you need help posting them.
thanks for the write-up,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down