Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been a long time .....

4 posters

Go down

It's been a long time ..... Empty It's been a long time .....

Post  Muntz Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:25 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve posted much of anything and I’ve been promising Smoky that I would post an update, so here it is.

I’ve been working for Praxair as manager of their welding store. Basically I was sold a bill of goods that were untrue. I don’t manage anyone and do all of the work myself. Training has been virtually zero so as you imagine its quite frustrating. It was said to me by my boss’s, boss’s, boss … “yeah we know our management training needs improvement. It’s kinda like we just throw you the keys and say good luck.” To which I responded “That’s pretty much true”. Suspect So now I’m just marking time until the next best thing comes along. Rolling Eyes

The bike riding has been limited to riding to work as I have not gone out riding for fun in quite some time. The itch is calling but the heat here right now is ungodly. Since I’m a ATGATT guy I think it may be a few more months before I set off on a pleasure cruise.

Seeing Smoky’s post and Jerry’s comments I decided to check out my front tire a little closer and I think I’m due for another. I haven’t ever replaced it since I bought the bike. I guess it’s really no big deal since we all know that a DS bike can only go in a straight line. We have to stay off the curves or we will crash and die in a ball of flames. affraid

My wife and I just came back from a weekend in the New Orleans French Quarter. We partied it up a little on Burbon St. and watched the Saints game. We ate too much as people are prone to do in New Orleans. On the way home the power steering pump went out and threw the belt, so we were on side of the interstate for over an hour in a heat index of 105, waiting on the tow truck and a ride for my wife since they could only take one of us. She said “There is nobody else I’d rather be stranded with”. ❤

Morgan is now almost 2 years old. She is full of life and energy. If I only had one quarter of what she has I’d be great. She is very smart. Her doctor asked if we had been working with her and we said no. The doctor said that she could be “gifted” and that we should start working with her. Right after that I went and got her a few packs of flashcards. The youngest age range I found was 4-6 year olds. She knows about 99% of them. She knows her numbers and letters, ABC’s, Counts to 20 and her favorite songs to sing are “Trinkle, trinkle” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider”. She has her own “Foxworthyisms” the latest is “lookamydid” and “mydaddyrockyou”

One day after it had been raining we went out on the carport to smoke and Morgan saw some of the dandelion puffs that she likes to blow and shake into the wind. She kept trying to go out to pick them but I kept telling her “no, its muddy out there” After a few minutes she came and grabbed me by the finger walked me to the edge of the concrete and said “Imahelpyoudaddy”

Needless to say minutes later we had muddy feet and were “blowing flowers” as she says.

Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

It's been a long time ..... Empty Re: It's been a long time .....

Post  jedishon Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Muntz you old coon donkey, it's great to hear from you. I don't know how many times I've asked how your doing. You know we are going to need a picture of OUR (darksiders) little God daughter. She sounds like a great girl. I'm still not sure how you ended up with such a great wife though. Must be the hair.......
Don't be such a stranger, it only takes 5 min to stop in and say hey. Unless you want to answer every post.

We love ya (in a manly sort a way)
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 am

Who's this Muntz dude anyway?

Ha ha ha ha. Good to hear from ya bro.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Beautiful post Muntz!! Brings back memories of when my kids were small and Daddy and Mommy was there whole world...
God Bless you and your family..

REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down