Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide

3 posters

Go down

Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide Empty Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide

Post  krusty1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I've been running CT's on my 1999 Valkyrie Interstate for almost 70 thousand miles (on my third set now, Toyo Proxes 205 55 16). I am not at all worried about the safety or handling aspects of a CT on a motorcycle, but I am trying to determine what CT would be suitable for my 2010 HD Super Glide. The stock tire is a Michelin 'Scorcher' 160 70 17. Any advice? This darkside stuff is very controversial to the HD crowd, just as it once was to Valkyrie riders.
Thanks,
krusty

krusty1

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide Empty Re: Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide

Post  smokey2255 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Krusty, in this link are a couple tires that should take care of ya. Welcome to the site and hope this helps.
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/harley-davidson-dyna-cruisers-car-tires-help-t3984.htm

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide Empty Re: Long Time Darkside Valk Rider Needs CT Ideas for His HD Super Glide

Post  dyna t Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey Krusty, I found a tire that I think will fit my 08 fxdl (dyna low-rider)

A 175/55/17 Mirada Sport GTX at: http://www.mariontirecenter.com/tire_uhperf_mnm.html

I called the number listed on the web site and was told they do not ship to this country, something about fraud. They are located in Ottawa Canada and she didn't think I'd have any trouble finding it here in this country stating it was a pretty common tire and size. (I don't think so.)

The Sonar brand made by Nankang might also have a tire that will fit. My problem is I can't find a retailer in this country to buy either tire from, so far.

Let us know if you have any better luck. I'm still searching the net and asking around.

~dyna t~ aka zbones2 on another hd forum
dyna t
dyna t

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down