Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any suggestions?

+2
CaribCruiser
1300vt4me
6 posters

Go down

Any suggestions? Empty Any suggestions?

Post  1300vt4me Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Have a 2004 1300C and looking at 205/65/15 or 205/70/15. Noticed most of you like the TT and the Hydro. Both tread patterns look functional / cool and will depend on availability and price. I will be taking wheel off bike and perform some maintenance at the same time.

My first hurdle is finding an installer in the KC Mo area, Have called a few shops told them wheel is off bike and want to mount a car tire and three replied no. Unbelievable because three out of four said they used to do it but won't / can't now?? Excuses: last one we did guy left and dropped bike, Person slid so much he came back and we uninstalled and boss said never again, We have but manager says since we do not sell tire..we do not install Shocked Never imagined would be this way in this economy.
So then thought I might have mt unmounted and try to put ct on myself along with the dynabeads?

Any suggestions to a shop in KC Mo area that will attempt my darkside adventure?
Or any suggestions on method and tools needed to mount above tire sizes on a1300c stock rim so I can crossover?

1300vt4me

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions? Empty Re: Any suggestions?

Post  CaribCruiser Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Hey, you didn't receive the the best welcome going dark so far.
Anyway, welcome to the site and belive me, you will not wanna go back.
I hope someone from the area will chime in soon so you'll be on your wheels soon.
Keep us posted afterwards.
Tropival regards,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu May 13, 2010 1:55 am

go to youtube and search for videos motorcycle tire change ,,, about 100 of them that will take you through it step by step so you can change it yourself.
good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 13, 2010 7:05 am

Welcome to the site. I always recomend going with the 70 series tire. It has a norrower bead width and seats easier. The reason people go down right after getting a new tire mounted is because its a new tire. The last time I put tires on my cage they told me to take it easy the first couple hundred miles. You have to break the tire in and most of the time wear the mold release off the tire before it really starts to grab like it should. So be careful out there. You can also ask the tire stores or wally world if they will mount it for you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 am

1300vt4me wrote:
Excuses: last one we did guy left and dropped bike, Person slid so much he came back and we uninstalled and boss said never again, We have but manager says since we do not sell tire..we do not install Shocked Never imagined would be this way in this economy.
So then thought I might have mt unmounted and try to put ct on myself along with the dynabeads?

Any suggestions to a shop in KC Mo area that will attempt my darkside adventure?
Or any suggestions on method and tools needed to mount above tire sizes on a1300c stock rim so I can crossover?

That's impossible the car tire slid even with the mold release like they suggest!!!... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Try a car shop and pay them cash and you don't want a receipt and you were never here!!! LOL Take the wheel off and tell them it's for a drag bike and come back and put it on. Have them put the dyna beads in before they seat the bead and you are good.

..................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  1300vt4me Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

CaribCruiser wrote:Hey, you didn't receive the the best welcome going dark so far.
Anyway, welcome to the site and belive me, you will not wanna go back.
I hope someone from the area will chime in soon so you'll be on your wheels soon.
Keep us posted afterwards.
Tropival regards,
Robert.

Thanks Robert appreciate the welcome and definitely will upload pics and report when initiated.

1300vt4me

Back to top Go down

Post  1300vt4me Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 am

horseman8m wrote:go to youtube and search for videos motorcycle tire change ,,, about 100 of them that will take you through it step by step so you can change it yourself.
good luck,
Horse

Have started that jaunt and thanks for the direction.

1300vt4me

Back to top Go down

Post  1300vt4me Thu May 13, 2010 10:11 am

jedishon wrote:Welcome to the site. I always recomend going with the 70 series tire. It has a norrower bead width and seats easier. The reason people go down right after getting a new tire mounted is because its a new tire. The last time I put tires on my cage they told me to take it easy the first couple hundred miles. You have to break the tire in and most of the time wear the mold release off the tire before it really starts to grab like it should. So be careful out there. You can also ask the tire stores or wally world if they will mount it for you.

Jerry

When stealer told me the story it made sense...he acted concerned about my plight due to peoples inexperience with ct but never discouraged the intent.
Believe your direction is my next step. I was concerned about tire stores damaging the wheel...but they mount car aluminum wheels..so as long as I find someone who is capable ..will try them. Just need to find tire, get the beads and start the process.
Thanks for all the good info Smile

1300vt4me

Back to top Go down

Post  1300vt4me Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 am

twin1300 wrote:
1300vt4me wrote:
Excuses: last one we did guy left and dropped bike, Person slid so much he came back and we uninstalled and boss said never again, We have but manager says since we do not sell tire..we do not install Shocked Never imagined would be this way in this economy.

That's impossible the car tire slid even with the mold release like they suggest!!!... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Try a car shop and pay them cash and you don't want a receipt and you were never here!!! LOL Take the wheel off and tell them it's for a drag bike and come back and put it on. Have them put the dyna beads in before they seat the bead and you are good.

..................bobby

Really good insight and plight. Will use this strategy to crossover Twisted Evil
Thanks for input.... will be there soon.

1300vt4me

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Buy your tire, order if need be from a tire store, when it gets in take your rim in and tell them to mount the tire on there. No discussion no BS just mount it, and throw this bag of beads in while you are at it. That works for me.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 13, 2010 2:01 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Buy your tire, order if need be from a tire store, when it gets in take your rim in and tell them to mount the tire on there. No discussion no BS just mount it, and throw this bag of beads in while you are at it. That works for me.

See you out there
Smokey

I knew you had a pair. I wont tell Cassie.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down