Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions Empty Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions

Post  ibified Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:28 pm

hey all, I just got new mag wheels for my 1300s and sold the old wheels with the tires (which i hated) and am ready to go darkside. The only question I really have is "what are my tire options?" I have heard a lot of people suggest the General altimax rt and others say the michelin hydroedge.

Would also kind of like suggestions on a 205/65/15 vs a 205/70/15 - not sure how i want to go there either, and would love to hear from people on their experiences.

Thanks in advance!

ibified

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions Empty Re: Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions

Post  Doc Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 am

The Michelin HydroEdge is a great tire if you can find one. I've heard they are being discontinued.
With a 65 series tire you also loose about 1/2 inch in ride height which will effect your cornering clearance. I know S's drag sideboards with ease anyway. A 205/70/15 will be easier to mount than a 65 series tire because of the taller sidewall, but a 65 series tire will likely make your speedometer closer to reality. Good luck.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions Empty Re: Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions

Post  toolsbody Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 am

Question Somebody, tell me again ,the purpose of running the front tire backwards. I mounted mine the right way and haven't had any problems. Question 
toolsbody
toolsbody

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ibified Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:49 am

The Michelin HydroEdge is proving impossible to find. Any other suggestions?

ibified

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Pooch Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 pm

toolsbody wrote: Question Somebody, tell me again ,the purpose of running the front tire backwards. I mounted mine the right way and haven't had any problems. Question 

Someone said it had to do with the way the belts in the tires were layed in, but I don't know if it really matters. I run mine the way their supposed to go for the water displacement. 27K on a BT-45 and no problems. YMMV

Pooch

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  tagrider Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am

ibified wrote:The Michelin HydroEdge is proving impossible to find.  Any other suggestions?
I just bought a Michelin Defender 205/17-15 for my 1300R $120
Ready to go darkside - need some suggestions 0108141907

Now to find more info on how to safely go about mounting this......

tagrider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tagrider Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 pm

ibified wrote:The Michelin HydroEdge is proving impossible to find.  Any other suggestions?

If you want hydroegde http://simpletire.com has them for $106.99 plus $19.91 shipping

tagrider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum