Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did it but still have a couple questions.....

4 posters

Go down

Did it but still have a couple questions..... Empty Did it but still have a couple questions.....

Post  parttimr Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Had the GY/TT 205/70/15 put on the wheel of my '05 1300R today and boy does it look like it sure won't fit in there, lol. Had to remove the rotor to get it mounted and was wondering since the bolts are in good shape will re-use them and was wondering which lock-tite to use. Bares says Red but not sure of this. Also after getting it mounted took a measurement of the tire hangover of the rim and it's about 3/8 all around and both sides is this normal? And last but not least tried to search for what would be a good starting point as far as air pressure and shock settings. All suggestions appreciated. Still haven't got it installed and can't ride up here right now anyway so guess I'm not a full Darksider yet, lol. Thanks in advance.
parttimr
parttimr

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Did it but still have a couple questions..... Empty Re: Did it but still have a couple questions.....

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:11 am

Lock tite: Blue if you think you might want to take it off again in the future (painting, polishing)...Red if you never want to take it off again.
3/8 sounds about right. Air pressure.I would start at about 40, go for a ride, drop it to 36 go for a ride, see the pattern. If you don't like it low go up by 4 then ride go up another 4 then ride. I would not go down to 32 then jump up to 44, I would do 4 lbs each step. When you find a comfy spot you can try 2 lbs untill you find your sweet spot. Every tire and every bike/rider is different.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Did it but still have a couple questions..... Empty Re: Did it but still have a couple questions.....

Post  twin1300 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:00 pm

+1 on what Jedison said. I never removed my rotor to mount mine as of yet! LOL Congrats....start with the manufacture air pressure and go from there until you find the pressure that matches your riding style.

...............bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  parttimr Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks guys. The max I believe is 44psi. Put 3 oz beads in as well and can't wait to try it. Hope it's as good as all say. The overhang is all that concerned me. Think I'll start with the shocks at 3 middle of the way. The dealer GY dealer said it was easy with no problems and it popped at 60lbs. Anyway will keep updated and as always Jerry thanks for your quick response.
parttimr
parttimr

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:50 am

Good luck with it. Remember to take it easy the fist couple hundred miles.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  parttimr Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 pm

+1 on the take it easy from other folks as well. Got it mounted tonite without to much difficulty maybe 10 minutes and two quick step back and look breaks to get the right angle to get around the swingarm and get the splines lined up but boy it looks good back there. One problem though, upwards of 20 inches this weekend so no riding for quite some time. Gonna put the metz 880 on the front next. Ride safe.
parttimr
parttimr

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 am

where you at? They rumored that here, warnings and all and we haven't got anything yet...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  parttimr Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Were in Minot ND and we didn't get it either maybe 4-5 over night of heavy wet stuff but lots of freezing rain first. No snow right now but supposed to start up again tonite into tomorrow and the 40+ MPH winds, yippee. affraid
parttimr
parttimr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down