Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside...

+3
jedishon
twin1300
midegim
7 posters

Go down

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside... Empty My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside...

Post  midegim Sat May 14, 2011 9:03 pm

While it was a cruddy day for a 500 mile ride, I took my new General Evertrek HP Tire 205/60R16 ($95 at WalMart) and ventured to another forum members shop for help installing the tire. It went quite well. There were no fitment issues, no rubbing and no grinding required. I was a snug fit under the Retros fender but with patience, love and a touch of cooking oil it slipped right in. The bead seated with only about 25 lbs of air. Forgot the Dynabeads until it was on the bike but got them in there with not much fuss. I think it looks great! Rode it 265 miles home and was quite comfortable with it by that time. It is a different feel but easy to get used to. It rained on me while riding and I felt very confident with all the traction available at the rear.

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside... DSC02018
midegim
midegim

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside... Empty Re: My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside...

Post  twin1300 Sat May 14, 2011 11:05 pm

cheers Another sassified customer! LOL

Congrats sir and welcome to the wonderful world of the Darkside! It will only get better from here!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside... Empty Re: My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside...

Post  jedishon Sun May 15, 2011 9:48 am

What Twin said.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun May 15, 2011 11:18 am

Congrats
That's a good looking tire!
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Welcome to the rightside ... and thank you for your service ... Wink
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 am

Congrats and welcome. Indeed a good looking tire.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  yabiah Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Looks great! Enjoy the ride.
yabiah
yabiah

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

My training is complete, I have crossed over to the darkside... Empty Couple weeks and 500 miles later...

Post  midegim Fri May 20, 2011 4:37 pm

So far I like it a lot. Took a bit of getting used to the feel on corners. Kinda lifts a bit but sticks just fine. I am running 36psi but I think it likes to follow irregularities a bit so I will try lowering it a couple pounds and see if that helps. It did effect the speedo a bit but it wasn't right with the bike tire either. It is about 2 mph at 30, 4 at 60 and 5 at 75. Looking forward to riding out to Rolling Thunder over Memorial Day. Anyone else on the Darkside going?
midegim
midegim

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down