Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee

4 posters

Go down

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Empty Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:09 am

Alittle late in getting this one posted ...We rolled out Monday morning 12-28-09 in bitter cold temp's in the low 20's with Cullman , Alabama and The Downtown Grill as stop # 1 . The Downtown Grill is owned and operated by VRCC member Wayne ( Winghot ). He hooked us up with a outstanding meal ( Thank You Wayne ) .We had a nice group at the resturant but when it was time to ride only 7 bikes left with us. From Cullman we made our way up around Guntersville Lake on backroads to Fort Payne , Alabama for the first over-night stop.Was'nt as cold Tuesday morning with temp's in the low 30's when we rolled out for Little River Canyon.This first picture you can trust me on this no one was wanting to jump from the falls Smile

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-20
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Empty Re: Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:17 am

Little River Falls....It was cool standing here and checking out God's handy work.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-1

The road through Little River Canyon can give a motorcycle rider wood. We had zero traffic to worry with it was as if we owned the place. Shot down river from the falls.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-2

Work was going on with the bridge but we did'nt see any workers maybe it was to cold Question

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-3
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Empty Re: Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:21 am

Few pictures as we entered the canyon.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-4

Mushroom Rock thats stands right in the middle of the road...That could leave a mark What a Face

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-5

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-6

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-7
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 am

I love the road that runs along the canyon and the views ROCK.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-8

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-10

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-11

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-12
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 am

dammit, I wanna go play. Too much ice and white stuff here to get out. Thanks for taking the time to share the ride.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:54 am

After leaving Little River Canyon we made our way into Georgia on roads less traveled it was a " Let's see where this goes " kinda ride <---my favorite Smile We found a beautiful lake that I can't remember the name of and the roads around it was outstanding for the art of motorcycling.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-13
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 am

We came back into Tennessee along Lookout Mountain one of the group had never seen Raccoon Mountain Pumped-Storage Plant. The company I work for owns and operates this mountain. The road to the top will rip your pegs off with some outstanding tight curves . Keep in mind TVA has its own police force and just about all of them are real pricks so drag pegs at your own risk What a Face First picture is about half way up thats Chattanooga , Tennessee.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-14
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:10 am

We was burning daylight as we neared the top of Raccoon Moutain. A awesome full moon followed us back off the mountain to the motel just outside of Chattanooga.You folks that made the call not to join us in Cullman , Alabama or cut out early the next day missed a great ride. We had a outstanding group of riders that stayed tight even in the twisties . Again special thanks to Wayne ( Winghot ) and the lady's that work for him the food and service was second to none at The Downtown Grill in Cullman , Alabama.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-15

Few pictures from the top of Raccoon Mountain the last one is one of the generating units thats on display. TVA has four of these inside the mountain making power. Check out the link if interested. http://www.tva.gov/sites/raccoonmt.htm

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-16

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-17

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee LittleRiverCanyonRide12-28-29-30-18
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 am

Great pictures Joe, thanks for sharing. Its nice to see the Chrome Pony out and about too.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:54 pm

jedishon wrote:Great pictures Joe, thanks for sharing. Its nice to see the Chrome Pony out and about too.

Jerry

I just looked to see where Katy ,Texas is and I've been there. We rode down last April to our friends home who live's in Friendswood. We stayed just outside of Houston and took several ride's while there and went through Katy. We rode all over that area the Galveston Bay area all around the Bolivar Penninsula where that hurricane tore everything to hell and back. He has a huge BBQ every Aprils Fool not sure if I can make the trip this year.Here's a few pictures from my April 2009 ride.

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Texas-BBQ-BeachRide050Large

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Texas-BBQ-BeachRide056Large

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Texas-BBQ-BeachRide023Large

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Texas-BBQ-BeachRide088Large

Little River Canyon / Lookout Mountain Ride...Alabama - Georgia-Tennessee Texas-BBQ-BeachRide091Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CADFather Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Joe,
I grew up riding on those roads, I am originally from Trion, GA just a few miles from there. We are truly blessed with some of the best riding within a days ride of here, currently I'm in Ringgold, GA, so I consider myself to be centrally located to Barbors, in Birmingham, AL, Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN and of course Mecca (The Tail of the Dragon) in Robbinsville, NC. So I get the best riding that GA, AL, TN and NC has to offer and all within a 3 hour ride form the house. That's not to say that other places don't have good riding as well, but any direction I head in from here, there are terrific rides to be had.

BTW, just looking at the picture of the lake, was it by any chance the James H. "Sloppy" Floyd lake just outside of Summerville, GA?

CAD
CADFather
CADFather

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down