Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Info

3 posters

Go down

Good Info Empty Good Info

Post  P3Popeye Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:15 am

Fellow Darksiders, here's some links to interesting info regarding our passion. I've about 3500 miles now on my GY Assurance Comfort Tread 205/65/16 and loving it!! Best settings have been (VTX 1800C) 3 on my rear shocks and 41psi in the tire (fyi I have the progressive fork springs installed) Give me quick responsive handling, stable tracking in turns (freeway at 65mph) and max comfort ride. I ride every day. I'm an engineer at heart and like to understand "exactly" how thing work. To that end I'm always looking for info regarding the exact differences between riding with a MT vs. CT. Here's some good reading I recently found. Enjoy.

Ride safe, ride hard....Ride!

http://mc.bridgestone.co.jp/pdf/mcintroe.pdf

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/0907_crup_mounting_car_tires_on_motorcycles/index.html

HOWEVER THE BELOW IS FROM SAME MAG RE; CT ON BOSS HOSS:

With 130/90-16 Continental motorcycle tire on the front wheel and that big, square-profile Firestone P225/70R15 radial car tire on the back, we anticipated all sorts of adventures in corners. We were therefore extremely and pleasantly surprised to discover that the Boss Hoss actually tracked pretty precisely and smoothly around as many corners as we could find in south Florida. It steered with no more force than needed for other "big" bikes. We suspect that the makers of the tires shudder to think of their products being used in that context and combination, but at least on dry pavement, we couldn't find much to quibble about. You could tell that the rear tire's profile wasn't rounded like a motorcycle tire's, but you can confidently lean it over far enough to drag things, which requires more lean angle than many cruisers.

The considerable contact patch of the tires also helps the big bike get stopped in a reasonable distance. Although you need to apply relatively strong pressures, the bike will stop pretty hard. The dual-disc front brake requires strong pressure, and you also need to use the rear brake, which sports a very large disc, more than on most other bikes because of the long wheelbase and considerable traction available at the rear.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/boss_hoss_v8/index.html

P3Popeye

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Good Info Empty Re: Good Info

Post  Badmoon Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 am

Good stuff, Thanks
I like mine enough to where I will not even get into a pissin match with anyone about it. I would just assumb letting them ride behind me, keeping up. Let them make there own decision. I agree that it is good to have as much information as you can get before making a decision on your decisions. I did my own and came to my own conclusions. IMO was the best thing I could have done.

Ride what you want.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:01 pm

I traded e-mails with Mark Z, inviting to come to one of the events I attended up at Deals Gap. Even offerd to let him try mine. He let me know that someone in Connecticut (?) was going to let him try theirs. So maybe he'll write a follow-up article.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down