Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thing about changing to a ct

+4
nodakbassmaster
85V-TWIN
M50
horses_azz
8 posters

Go down

Thing about changing to a ct Empty Thing about changing to a ct

Post  horses_azz Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:57 am

Hi! I have been trying to read as much as I can about this. A lot are for it a lot are not..I ride a 2006 Stratoliner I bought new in 06 it has around 20,500 I just blew out the 4TH mt. I knew I needed a new one but thought I could make it through the season WRONG..Was only doing about 5 mp. just pulled a way from stop sign in town.. What would be the best ct ?? I thought a General altimax Hp but am only able to find the Rt. Any help would be appreciated.... confused Thanks horses_azz
horses_azz
horses_azz

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Thing about changing to a ct Empty Re: Thing about changing to a ct

Post  M50 Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:33 pm

That's a great tire. Thing about changing to a ct Icon_cheers That what ai'm running. Thing about changing to a ct Icon_twisted what size mt tire is it Thing about changing to a ct Icon_question
M50
M50

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  M50 Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:34 pm

That's a great tire. Thing about changing to a ct Icon_cheers That what ai'm running. Thing about changing to a ct Icon_twisted what size mt tire is it Thing about changing to a ct Icon_question
M50
M50

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:49 pm

once you do ride on a ct,you'll realize just how much better it actually is as long as you dont go too big.i really dont understand why everyone that rides a cruiser dont run a ct.more meat on the road alone should be the swaying factor.at any rate,i'm sure once you do,it will be self explanatory.and be sure to post a review after you get to ride on it. Smile
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Thing about changing to a ct Empty Tire size

Post  horses_azz Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks for the replies. The mt is a 195/60/17. I am not sure what tire to use. I think the size that I need is a 215/60/17 in a car tire? Does any one know what the difference is between the Hp and the Rt. I think the hp stands for high performance don't know what Rt stands for...If you couldn't find the Hp tire what would be a 2nd choice?
horses_azz
horses_azz

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:20 am

you sure about that mc tire size? I thought they only came in increments of 10. But I've been wrong before.

a 205/55/17 would only put you 1.3% off your stock size and is readily available, if you have the clearance for it.... let us know what you come up with!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtwarrior Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:01 am

Thing about changing to a ct Ge_altimax_rt_ci2_l
The AltiMAX RT (Road Touring) is General Tire's Standard Touring All-Season tire member of their Altimax family of flagship tires. The AltiMAX RT was developed to address the many challenges faced by today’s coupe, sedan, van, crossover and SUV drivers. The AltiMAX RT is designed to combine reliability, comfort and tread life, as well as provide year-round traction, even in light snow.

The AltiMAX RT features a Twin Cushion Silica Tread Compound that places a high-density all-season top compound for year-round traction and long wear above a low-density foundation compound that absorbs road vibrations to provide a comfortable ride. The tread compound is molded into a symmetric tread design featuring sweeping, high-angle tread grooves that are sized using sound wave suppression to reduce road noise for a quiet ride. Twin steel belts stabilize the tread area for good handling, while a polyester cord body enhances ride quality.

General Tire has designed the AltiMAX RT for a variety of vehicle applications. Due to technical reasons, tire sizes with a section width of 185 and below feature a center groove, while tires sizes with a section width of 195 and above feature a center rib.
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtwarrior Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:02 am

Thing about changing to a ct Ge_altimax_hp_ci2_l
The AltiMAX HP is General Tire's Grand Touring All-Season tire member of their AltiMAX family of flagship tires. The AltiMAX HP was developed to be a smarter tire for smarter drivers by addressing many of the treadwear quality and year-round traction challenges faced by the drivers of today's sporty sedans and coupes. The AltiMAX HP is designed to combine reliability, comfort and tread life, as well as provide year-round traction, including in light snow.

The AltiMAX HP features a Twin Cushion Tread (TCT) compound that places a high-density silica-enhanced, all-season top compound above a low-density foundation compound to combine year-round traction, long wear and a comfortable ride. A directional tread design features sweeping, high-angle tread grooves sized using sound wave suppression technology to combine hydroplaning resistance with reduced pattern noise. Visual Alignment Indicators (VAI) molded into the shoulder blocks permit pinpointing tire wear irregularities early in the tire's life so vehicle adjustments/mechanical corrections can be made to take full advantage of wear potential. The tire's internal structure includes two steel belts reinforced by spirally wound nylon to stabilize the tread area for good handling, while a polyester cord body enhances ride quality.
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtwarrior Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 am

The main difference one has steel wound with nylon and one has steel wound by polyester
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Back to top Go down

Thing about changing to a ct Empty size

Post  horses_azz Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:00 am

Sorry, Nodakbassmaster you are right it is a 190/60/17..I have been looking at tires so much the numbers get mixed every once study in a while..So do you guys think a Rt tire would be all right? I have not thought about a 205 It is food for thought ...When I do get one size or the other I will let you Know..Also where do you get the beads to put in the tires...Thanks Brian
horses_azz
horses_azz

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:11 pm

www.innovativebalancing.com or ebay Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Rt will work fine. But I like the symetrical tread pattern of the HP. Whatever tire you get, make sure you like the ride and the looks because it will be awhile before you have to change it out!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  moparmandjh Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Steve-O wrote:Rt will work fine. But I like the symetrical tread pattern of the HP. Whatever tire you get, make sure you like the ride and the looks because it will be awhile before you have to change it out!

Thats for sure, I put my Douglas on just to try a ct. I wish now I would have got a "cool" looking tire, I just can't bring myself to take off a perfectly good tire. If this thing ever wears out I'll be looking for a 205/65/15 General Grabber UHP or a GYTT. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while though.
Doc
moparmandjh
moparmandjh

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-19

http://www.geocities.com/moparmandjh/rflpokerrun

Back to top Go down

Post  M50 Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Another good tire is goodyear triple tred.
M50
M50

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

moparmandjh wrote: ... I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while though.
Doc

Ever thought you'd catch yourself thinking "Damn, wish this thing would wear out!" Thing about changing to a ct Icon_biggrin

I had 17k on my douglass when I pulled it off...and it was still a perfectly good tire. Just couldn't wait any longer! At $65, what the heck!

I'm going to keep my Altimax on till it wears out. It's a great tire and I want to see how many miles I can put on it.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsmobility Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 pm

You guys are crazy. I've always thought directional tread patterns looked cheesy. They're ok on a motorcycle, but I wouldn't be caught dead with one on a car I own. Personally, I like the look of a basic, all business, symetrical pattern.

I really like the look of that Douglas you're running Mopar.

If my tire ever wears out, I want to go to a truck tire, like a Uniroyal Laredo.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  M50 Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 am

Another good tire is goodyear triple tred.
M50
M50

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 am

Oldsmobility wrote:You guys are crazy. I've always thought directional tread patterns looked cheesy. They're ok on a motorcycle, but I wouldn't be caught dead with one on a car I own. Personally, I like the look of a basic, all business, symetrical pattern.

I really like the look of that Douglas you're running Mopar.

If my tire ever wears out, I want to go to a truck tire, like a Uniroyal Laredo.
hope you have fun with that lol Shocked
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down