Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tire changing

3 posters

Go down

tire changing Empty tire changing

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:54 am

Just ordered the Harbor freight tire changer and the motorcycle attachment. just under $90.00 for both shipped to my house. I will do the nomar mod to it then Smokey will be mounting darksides at the house.
Now to find an old balancer........just kidding. Dyna beads for me.

Larry
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

tire changing Empty Re: tire changing

Post  cerooth Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 am

I did come across this on the VTXOA and it's along the same idea you have there Smokey, but it also gives some idea on some issues others have run into. http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=217480
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:20 am

I was looking at that earlier and saw that the tire changer itself was on sale for 29.95 so I went and ordered it. I was just off looking at the mojo lever and the mojo blocks. I think I can make the blocks pretty easy with my dremel and I can make the supplied lever scratch proof fairly easy. Looking forward to adding this to the rest of the good stuff in the basement.

Larry
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 am

Good tire irons or spoons is what you need also. It makes a big diff. when you are working on the tire. They can run about 10 to $20 each, but they are well worth it.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:36 am

Wayne, I have spoon and an iron already they are great for the dirtbikes but not worth a damn trying to get that darkside off the rim Mad Mad Made up new words fighting it. Our local hardware store has the HF set up minus the mc attachment and it worked fairly well which also factored into my getting one. The rim I was taking the tire off of was my old 1300 rear so I wasn't too concerned about marring it up. Actually it didn't hurt it without the nomar mod but once my wheels are painted they will be a little more sensitive so I will do the nomar mod. I have become a mod addict. The only thing I havn't modded is my fat smoking ass Shocked But there is always hope Laughing

Have a great day all

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content