Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

belt drive

4 posters

Go down

belt drive Empty belt drive

Post  moosevtx Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 am

thinking of switching my wifes spirit 750 to abelt drive from chain.anyone done it? wish it was shaft like my 1800.
moosevtx
moosevtx

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

belt drive Empty Re: belt drive

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 am

moosevtx wrote:thinking of switching my wifes spirit 750 to a belt drive from chain.anyone done it? wish it was shaft like my 1800.

No, but I can tell you what I did that made a huge difference to my 750 spirit! I dropped two teeth on the rear! WOW! Woke that thing up, made the gears longer and no need to shift so fast, and hiway riding was so much better because the engine wasn't screaming down the road. I just don't think the belt it worth the money, but to each his own! Good luck!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 am

+1 Replacing the rear sprocket with the 36 tooth (I think) one is pretty common with that bike. Better mileage and better top end speed.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  moosevtx Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 pm

when i bought the bike,the guy had already done that.its just the chain is dirty with lube all over. also has vance an hines exhaust.loud when i ride behind her.but it seems slow.could it just be me used to my vtx .
moosevtx
moosevtx

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Flintknapper Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Yes I did it last winter. My wife has a 2003 750 Sprit. I did the work myself, and it the best thing I've ever done on her bike. Works great, have even had to adjust it. No more greese, or chain adjustments. I got the belt kit from Scootworks, and no problem there ether.

She loss a little in the mid range, but she gain a lot at 65 on up, no more bussing in the hands and runs much smoother at high speed. We can go on trips now. I have a VTX 1800, and now we can get on the high way with out the 750 shadow sprit waring her out.

Good Invesment !

Flintknapper

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down