Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you rather make a left or right turn?

+22
Just Steve
leathersmith237
slikdj
midwestrider
fox9988
yank
smokey2255
ole bob
Railrider
Poppawolf
dromega
Otis56
horseman8m
marine-mp
jedishon
twin1300
cerooth
DS-Wing-Nut
ttexastim
grizak
Larry Simpson
Steve-O
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you rather make a left or right turn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you rather make a left or right turn?

Post  leathersmith237 Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am

I would rather make a left turns. I can slap the left side "way down" Surprised to the left, but only about half to the right, Shocked because of the pipes. But, overall to the left. I'm right handed also.
leathersmith237
leathersmith237

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.heathersleathers.com

Back to top Go down

Would you rather make a left or right turn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you rather make a left or right turn?

Post  Just Steve Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm right handed, and I totally prefer turning left in low speed maneuvers.
Road speed, either way is cool with me tho. (gotta be that damm DS tire causing the problems, right?) Smile

Just Steve

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 am

since my bike has a new front metzler tire,either way is good for me.oh wait,i dont turn either Shocked damn DS tire Razz Laughing
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Left turn for me also. Maybe because I always scrape my expensive pipes on a right one. Wink

By the way, did anyone ever seen Carl Lewis running the other way around. Razz
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkDeuce Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:58 pm

I haven't made a turn yet with a CT on the back.

Good - don't even think about trying it. You'd be asking for trouble...

On a more serious note, I was just wondering about this today while riding (no CT yet). I very much favor right turns and can't really figure out why. I am right handed, but don't know if that has anything to do with it, as most seem to favor left turns (and most are right handed). I wonder if it has to do with having more room to correct if I screw up - I can drift to the left assuming no vehicles in the way - where if I screw up or mis-judge a left turn I'm off the road. Just a thought (rare at my age).

DarkDeuce

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:15 pm

I have to agree with Wingnut: the more you practice cone riding, the less difference or difficulty there is to any turns you do. Makes no difference to me because my mind is on the escape route and horizon.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2