Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left Control Switch Headlight Turn Signal CB

Go down

Left Control Switch Headlight Turn Signal CB Empty Left Control Switch Headlight Turn Signal CB

Post  youncedl Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:00 pm

I need your help!
I have a 2010 (obviously a Honda Goldwing 1800) comfort package (basic). The left handle bar audio controller is messing up... I can't go "up" on any of the CB toggle switches, but they will toggle down, and my tuning toggle switch is the same issue. I have used compressed air, no help. I have "played with it" by wiggling the switch, but no help.
I think at this point I need to replace it. So what are your recommendations:
1) Anything else I can try?
2) If I need to replace it... where can I get one and what am I looking for cost?
3) Is this something a layman can replace, or does it need to be replaced in the shop?

I love my bike and love riding it, I have about 23000 miles on it! I have PTSD from the war (Iraq) and this is the best therapy for me... SERIOUS! The VA therapy has nothing on my bike, in fact the VA is worthless in my opinion, just my .02 cents (sorry, went off topic). I try to take care of it, but cost is always a factor for me, so on the cheap advise is best... but I will save to have all the functionality back on my love. Just a little Army "sick" humor.... when I was married, my ex wouldn't let me have a bike. Went to Iraq, she left me, I bought a bike within 3 months of returning. Haven't really dated since returning ('08)... and why should I... I have a bike, my love! :-) PS: Never road street bikes before. Started with a 2008 Yamaha 950, that was a great bike too, but in 2010 I upgraded to my Goldwing and have been in love since!

Any and all advise is sincerely appreciated, Thank You! Please email me at youncedl@yahoo.com.
Again, Thank You!!

Dave Younce
youncedl
youncedl

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum