Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Ride On The Darkside..

+2
Steve-O
Edgerider
6 posters

Go down

First Ride On The Darkside.. Empty First Ride On The Darkside..

Post  Edgerider Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Well, finally got the tire mounted and got to actually got to ride a little. Went on a little 20 mile run on the maiden voyage. I have to say it was a little different. I picked a highway with a few minor curves, nothing to heavy for the first run. I found that I have to push’er a little harder to get’r to lay down. I think maybe because the Toyo is a wide, flat profile tire. It felt really odd at first, but better as I went. Seems like the tire wants to find it’s center pretty quickly when the road straightens up. Wish I would have had more time to ride that day, but dark thirty was closing in quick and it was cold. Sunday, the wife and I made a run to Hot Springs with my Southern Cruisers group, about 300 miles total for the day[. The tire performed well and it didn’t take long to get the feel down. I think it really does better with two up rather than just one rider. Maybe the extra lean (yes she likes to drive from the rear seat) but the bike felt more comfortable with both of us on. One other thing I noticed was quite a bit more feedback from the rear. I may have too much air in the tire. I started out with 40 psi. May have to lower it a bit. Any other F riders out there, let me know what you found to be a comfy pressure. Just thought I would share the experience, can’t wait to get’r back out and eat some asphalt. Hope the sidewalls are stout, ain’t gonna baby’er through the curves affraid
Edgerider
Edgerider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

First Ride On The Darkside.. Empty Re: First Ride On The Darkside..

Post  Steve-O Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Congrats and great review. You're experiences are same as everyone's first ride.

You now have a huge contact patch! You WILL feel the road! You get used to it

Now go scrape some pegs!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Take care to get the mold release wore off, before pushing it to hard.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  atlantared Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Give it hell brother and I'll meet ya half way.
atlantared
atlantared

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 pm

+1 on the two up pressure. I am riding mine solo at 38 psi. I am big enough for some of yall to ride 2 up. Right at 300 lbs. I am a litle guy just have a lot of gear. (right ha ha) With a passenger I lowered it down to 32 and moved it up to about 34 by the end of the day.

Just play with the pressures. It is a lot of fun and a reason to ride.
Good luck.
After a long ride like that the tire seemed to just blend in with the road. Pretty awsome huh?
The last leg of my weekend I pushed the tire pretty hard and was a tad nervious at first but by the end of the day I was even trying to push harder than I did with the POS MT tire that I had on the bike before. I did decide to stop before I got stupid. It is easier to say when when you are getting old. That part sucks.

Peace
Moon

Last edited by Badmoon on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Im retarded, dont ask)
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

I run mine closer to 50PSI, about 46-48 to be exact.... one or 2-up... found (for me) that getting closer to 40 oir under felt "squishy"

on the same note, I can keep up with no problems with hard carving X's running MC tires with no problem. Been there, done that!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:25 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:I run mine closer to 50PSI, about 46-48 to be exact.... one or 2-up... found (for me) that getting closer to 40 oir under felt "squishy"

on the same note, I can keep up with no problems with hard carving X's running MC tires with no problem. Been there, done that!

How big-a-boy are you?
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:56 pm

230ish... not huge, but not small framed! Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down