Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside....

3 posters

Go down

28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside.... Empty 28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside....

Post  parttimr Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess I couldn't wait any longer had to ride after all the mods. Only have 35 miles on the mets and the GY/TT but what a difference. I honestly do not really see any big deal on the tire yet as far as not much countersteering, slow turning, and rreally didn't notice it following the highway tracks. Biggest issue was getting to the hard pavement from the house about 200 yrds of slush but once on dry pavement, WOW!!!.

Scar mod was quite noticeable as was the progressives shocks and metz. Only thing I need to do is possibly adjust the A/F slightly just a couple pops on decel. Oh and ran the shocks on 3 setting at 38 psi. Can't wait to put lots more miles on this set up. Thanks to all the help from the members on getting me thru all the winter mods. Lots of gratification doing your own work. Ride safe all. Oh and if you can't tell I think the DARKSIDE rocks.
2005 1300R, Mustang Vintage Wide seat, clayton mod, progresive springs, alls balls neck bearings, memphis shades 19" shield, kury highway pegs, decapitated air box, scar mod, pair removed, Glenns permanent A/F tool & CPR, Phat II risers, driving light mod, GY/TT 205-70-15 darkside, ME 880 front
parttimr
parttimr

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside.... Empty Re: 28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside....

Post  twin1300 Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the update! We feel the same way about the darkside! it rocks! Congrats

.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside.... Empty Re: 28 degrees and first ride of yr on darkside....

Post  parttimr Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Hey Twin,
I just don't feel all the issues others have brought up about this mod. It rides great and even at 5 mph don't really feel any issue. What I really like is how it sets you back up coming out of the turns at highway speeds. Really guess I must be different some how because I feel there is no really gettting used to the new feling because I honestly don't feel there is much IMHO. Anyway glad I tried it and I like it, lol. Don't think I'll even mess with the psi of 30 it rides so smooth. Ride safe.
parttimr
parttimr

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 am

Hey Partimer, it only gets better from here. Enjoy and welcome. ....... Get in line ..... Twin will be serving cookies Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  parttimr Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm

That Psi should have read 38 and not 30. surprised no one started saying it was way to low. Took it out again today and if it continues to feel this good can only imagine after there are alot more miles on it.
parttimr
parttimr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum