Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor!

5 posters

Go down

Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor! Empty Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor!

Post  twin1300 Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:57 am

Is it true that yoidaho has a darkside???????........ Cool

.....................bobby

Last edited by twin1300 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor! Empty Re: Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor!

Post  twin1300 Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I heard it's not a rumor today!!!!!.......We got our third woman darksider. cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

She will be on here after she gets some more miles on it and give us a review! Welcome Yoidaho!

.................................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor! Empty Re: Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor!

Post  kermit Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:19 am

Oh yeah, she pm'd me last week and told me she is officially darkside now.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:51 pm

sweet!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Canon Sue Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:11 am

What???????????

I know she PM'd me a few weeks ago asking questions about what tire I had and such.

But don't you think it is a bit suspicious about how she is keeping it a secret?

Come out of the closet, Marlene! Wink

-Sue

(2nd Queen of Darkside, after Kermit of course)

Canon Sue

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://amsoil.mountainprayer.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  YoIdaho Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Three is a charm Laughing cheers
Yes after a long wait I finally got my CT mounted up.
Thanks in part to Smokey2225 what a sweetheart. ❤
He gifted me with the tire at the beginning of the summer...
I couldn't for the life of me find anyone to mount it. (I tried like the dickens)
On SEPT 26 I got a flat tire on the rear...
A friend of mine that has a dual sport store & shop was in to see me...
He finally coincided that he'd let his man do the darkside conversion. Wink
I had the bike towed to a fellow X riders house he took it off & put it back on. Thanks AL!

So I have put close to 500 hundred miles on it, all but the 125 miles of mountain riding I did today has been around the city here.
I was finally able to scoot up to the mountains this afternoon and feel the boy out in the twisties.
Now mind you I'm not an aggressive rider I just like to cruze.
I really couldn't tell much difference over all, but I can say that it feels really good.
Does that make sense?
From the very beginning I've felt like I had spurs on and when I tapped the ol' boys flanks---
he sure seems to move a lot faster and smoother in the straight a ways. Very Happy
I've heard other CT riders say they feel a wobble...I'd say I feel a little swaying to the road music, kinda like he's swishing his tail in appreciation of his new shoes.
It did take some discipline to turn off the months of naysayers telling me what a fool I was and I would bite it big time. (da fools)
I'm glad I finally got the CT shoes on my boy...I'm looking forward to riding throughout the winter as weather permits...and then next summer putting as many smile per miles as I can on the iron horse. I'll keep you posted as I'm able to ride more...hopefully tomorrow and this weekend I will because the sun is a shinning here in Idaho.
Peace ~M

Here's a pic of my bike I packed the CT around for a few days like this.

Just a vicious rumor or..(update) It's not a rumor! 100_4394-1
YoIdaho
YoIdaho

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 am

Marlene,

Thanks for the write up and many happy miles to your iron horse and the darkside! Glad you like it! I told you it would be good! It will only get better from here! If you want on the darkside list, just let me know! Hey, I have ridden more than once with a car tire strapped to the back of my bike for me and others to go darkside!

Smokey's the best...aint he!.............. Wink Very Happy

............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:46 am

We're now changing our own out in the garage. No more hastle of looking for someone. 2 tire irons, some dyna beads and elbow grease (and soap suds) Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

kermit wrote:We're now changing our own out in the garage. No more hastle of looking for someone. 2 tire irons, some dyna beads and elbow grease (and soap suds) Very Happy

That's why you are our Queen..... :queen:

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Canon Sue Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Another Darkside Queen!

Canon Sue

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://amsoil.mountainprayer.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down