Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE

+13
nodakbassmaster
jedishon
CaribCruiser
Tanglefoot
titaniumwing
ttexastim
gstanfield
motorcyclereb
Toasted_311
DS-Wing-Nut
DocRawk
twin1300
Muntz
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE Empty The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:06 pm

The Questions have been answered!!!
The 1300R can do a wheelie!!!!!!

The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE 4603112_bodyshot_175x233

A wheelie technically is riding on the back wheel only. No angle of attack, length of ride, lean angle or degree of difficulty is indicated.

Lets just say "technically" I did a wheelie.

Doing another burnout, I expected to come out if it in a powerslide as I had done with the MCT. The "wheelie" rapidly ended when the front end touched down shortly after I sat on it during a burnout. I never let off the throttle. The angles and amount of torque were all wrong.

I immediately "high-sided" and was slammed to the ground. The front end was facing 160* from the direction I started in.

I was able to get the bike up by myself and limp it home.
Limp............... yeah thats a word I've become very familiar with.

I now have a cast up to my knee. Black of course!
I broke my ankle in 3 places. I'll have to wear this stupid thing for 3 weeks. That part there was 800.00 by itself. Blew up my phone. Took a wack to the helmet, but I have a spare. Bruised hip, shoulder & ego.

Ebony took the worst of it all on the right side:
Handlebars bent.
Throttle and Brake cables trashed.
All scratched up:
Mirror, grip, brake lever, tank badge, front and rear blinker, master cylinder, cover
and worst of all my beautiful V&H Bigshots.

Anybody knowing of where I can get a good deal on some stock R bars would be appreciated. I've looked at jpcycles.com they have some cheap bars there but I'm not sure how close they match the stock R position. I'll have to give them a call.

I will probably do Smoky's Black Mamba mod and black out my pipes, 'cept I'm gonna call them "Blackshots"

My wife says the rest will have to stay "as is" to remind me to be careful. No more bike stuff until after the baby comes.

Stay safe,
Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz

Last edited by Muntz on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE Empty Re: The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey Muntz!

I like what the guy said that pulled up shortly after your short wheelie????? to help you up and asked....."Just which way was you headed"..... Laughing Laughing cheers affraid lol!

I hope you feel better and your foot allows you to return to work soon.

..................bobby

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE Empty Re: The 1300R Wheelie Experiment - UPDATE

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Ouch man... No Sorry bout the crash. Glad you're OK and the bike is repairable. I'm sure to tell my girl I love her every time I get on the bike for just this reason. I bet you can black out a lot of what is scraped up and have a pretty mean looking scooter. Some of my chrome was specifically bought to cover up a couple boo boos I put on mine on the way home from the dealership on the night I bought her Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:19 pm

twin1300 wrote:Hey Muntz!

I like what the guy said that pulled up shortly after your short wheelie????? to help and asked....."Just which direction was you headed"..... Laughing Laughing cheers affraid lol!

I hope you feel better and your foot allows you to return to work soon.

..................bobby

Yeah I'm goin in tomorrow. I don't know how much work I'll get done on this Vicodin. It makes me just want to Sleep
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 pm

BTW...even if the OB is pretty close minded about certain things... Rolling Eyes ...they're really good about helping downed brothers out with stock parts. I bet if you post up on the 1300 board with a list of parts you need, they'll be able to help out.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:23 pm

DocRawk wrote:Ouch man... No Sorry bout the crash. Glad you're OK and the bike is repairable. I'm sure to tell my girl I love her every time I get on the bike for just this reason. I bet you can black out a lot of what is scraped up and have a pretty mean looking scooter. Some of my chrome was specifically bought to cover up a couple boo boos I put on mine on the way home from the dealership on the night I bought her Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Dang, You didn't waste any time "breaking her in" did ya? silent

Thanks Brandon
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I may have some parts you can use, and I've got a friend that just replaced his 1800R mirrors with some aftermarket mirrors. I'll check my stuff out and talk to him about his mirrors. My stuff is free, I don't know about his. I MAY have stock turn signals. They won't have the same mounting hardware as your R stuff, but the signals themselves are the same, and I have a hard time believing that between you and Twin you couldn't get them to work. The only problem would be that I cut the wires off pretty short. You'll probably have to solder on some extensions. All my stock parts are under my bed at my old apartment Razz Razz Razz . I'll take a look next time I'm over there either tomorrow or Thursday. Just take the dang tank badges off and be done with them...I'd give you mine, but I know for a fact that I did throw those out.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:29 pm

If you're still using the stock levers, I can give you a replacement for that as well. I'm pretty sure mine is in good condition.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:32 pm

For some reason I like the badges. As far as the OB I'm just not sure about taking a beatin from the trolls. It's just not the same as the group we have here. I might post it in the Louisiana section....still thinking about it.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:35 pm

I appreciate any help you can give. Just let me know what you can put your hands on.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Anyone know if the R mirrors are the same between the 1800 and 1300? The honda.com web pics don't have any mirrors on them........
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:51 pm

According to the parts fiche they are not the same.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Hmmm....I'd bet that they'll still fit the same hole. If I can get both left and right, would you want them?
DocRawk
DocRawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Sure...you bet!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Muntz,

holy cow... I hope you get better real soon. Really hate to hear about this stuff.

OUCH!!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Thanks David.
Sometimes you get to be the King and other times the jocolor
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Muntz...i've got a set of R cables and the tank badges..I'll give them to Larry when he passed through. Take care of yourself man. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:Muntz...i've got a set of R cables and the tank badges..I'll give them to Larry when he passed through. Take care of yourself man. Very Happy

Thanks Toasted. U da man!!!!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Muntz I have the badges from my girl they are yours if you want them just get me an address. Take care and get yourself and your baby back in shape.
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Hmmm, hurry up and heal and we can work on learnin you how to ride that motorcycle.

I'm sorry for calling you Dipstick, but now I gotta call you limpstick after this ordeal. :pirat:

Hope you heal up fast and get the bike fixed real soon. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery and for your wife not to kill you next time you tell her you're going to go riding.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Ouch Muntz. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 pm

gstanfield wrote:Hmmm, hurry up and heal and we can work on learnin you how to ride that motorcycle.

I'm sorry for calling you Dipstick, but now I gotta call you limpstick after this ordeal. :pirat:

Hope you heal up fast and get the bike fixed real soon. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery and for your wife not to kill you next time you tell her you're going to go riding.

George

Funny I never saw "the wheelie" or "How to finesse a burnout" as part of the MSF course material. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

((I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that limpstick part))

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:22 pm

motorcyclereb wrote:Muntz I have the badges from my girl they are yours if you want them just get me an address. Take care and get yourself and your baby back in shape.
Thanks for the offer but I think Toasted is sending some with Smokey when he comes this way in 2 weeks.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 pm

ttexastim wrote:Ouch Muntz. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue!

Timaaaaay pidgeon er uh Timmaaaaay!!!!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Man Muntz ... those drugs are treating you good aren't they!!! Very Happy lol
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next