Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally!!

5 posters

Go down

Finally!! Empty Finally!!

Post  daves1300s Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:56 am

Well after trying unsuccessfully for most of the month of May I put the mt back on so I could ride. We had a week of rain predicted so I figured it would be a good time to go back to work. So I pulled the wheel off and cleaned up and completed the seal around the valve stem (the 1 inch area I left off before) and guess what it worked!! I went with the Bridgestone Protenza 195/65 15, so far about 150 miles and love the ride. Slow handling is great, can almost come to a complete stop and never put a foot on the ground. Very slight increase in countersteer force but can really only feel it going slow. I think the grin is too big when going faster around coners. Overall I'm really glad I finally got the rim sealed. It did take alot to get the bead to seat, 110 psi overnight then drain and got a local tire shop to hit again with larger volume hose. Running 41 psi now and the ride is smoother in all ranges. Thanks to Wayne for the posts on sealing and everyone else here for their posts on everything. LOVE THE DARKSIDE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

daves1300s

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Finally!! Empty Re: Finally!!

Post  jedishon Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:12 am

Way to go Dave.....Never give up - Never surrender....
After the mold wears off you'll be able to push it a little harder to see what it will really do.
But it only gets better from here...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 am

Awesome Dave!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside!............... Cool I am sure glad you didn't give up on the car tire thing, it's worth the extra hassle some times. Since I was the first to put a darkside on a 1300 that I know of....it took me three tire purchases before I got one to fit!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Finally!! Empty update

Post  daves1300s Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Well, I've got around 600 miles on the Bridgstone so far and love it more everytime I ride. Stopping is greatly improved, handling is fantastic and the ride is great. I have found myself dragging the floor boards at slow speed leaving the parking lot at work, I just seem to go into the corners with out a care in the world. I'm still not as aggressive as alot of riders out there but I don't even think about the tire slipping any more. I have been running 41 psi in the rear but just went to 44 this evening to experiment. Got a few pics when I get time to set that stuff up. Again, thanks to all for the information and experience. Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Dave

daves1300s

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  140cubicinches Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Welcome to the Dark Side young Dave
140cubicinches
140cubicinches

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-09-19