Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential newbie seeking advice

3 posters

Go down

Potential newbie seeking advice Empty Potential newbie seeking advice

Post  BIGT FROM F.B. Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 am

Hey guys. After months of deliberation and asking my VTXOA freinds their opinions, I am looking for advice on the best tire for my 02' 1800C VTX. I am thinking of a Goodyear Eagle Triple Tread 205/60/16. Is there any better choice according to your guys experience? Thanks for the input. I'm sure this is a huge discussion on this site, but I'm still a little confused on how to operate it. What a Face
BIGT FROM F.B.
BIGT FROM F.B.

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Potential newbie seeking advice Empty Re: Potential newbie seeking advice

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:39 am

BIGT FROM F.B. wrote:Hey guys. After months of deliberation and asking my VTXOA freinds their opinions, I am looking for advice on the best tire for my 02' 1800C VTX. I am thinking of a Goodyear Eagle Triple Tread 205/60/16. Is there any better choice according to your guys experience? Thanks for the input. I'm sure this is a huge discussion on this site, but I'm still a little confused on how to operate it. What a Face

BigT,

You got the hard part over...... Very Happy It's deciding that this darkside thing might just do what most guys that have one say it will! Some 1800 guys will be coming on to help you with choice. Us 1300 guys don't run them so, it best to get advice from the guys who put there life on the line!

On your next issue of "how to operate it"..... Shocked I am assuming what you want to know if you need to ride differently than the motorcycle tire.....NONE! Just hammer down and it will do all you want it to do and more! Now, you do need to take it easy until the mold release is off, but after that...RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!.........I DO!

...........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 pm

twin1300 wrote:
BIGT FROM F.B. wrote:Hey guys. After months of deliberation and asking my VTXOA freinds their opinions, I am looking for advice on the best tire for my 02' 1800C VTX. I am thinking of a Goodyear Eagle Triple Tread 205/60/16. Is there any better choice according to your guys experience? Thanks for the input. I'm sure this is a huge discussion on this site, but I'm still a little confused on how to operate it. What a Face

BigT,

You got the hard part over...... Very Happy It's deciding that this darkside thing might just do what most guys that have one say it will! Some 1800 guys will be coming on to help you with choice. Us 1300 guys don't run them so, it best to get advice from the guys who put there life on the line!

On your next issue of "how to operate it"..... Shocked I am assuming what you want to know if you need to ride differently than the motorcycle tire.....NONE! Just hammer down and it will do all you want it to do and more! Now, you do need to take it easy until the mold release is off, but after that...RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!.........I DO!

...........................bobby

Yep, Twin does ride like he stole his. I know, I have ridden with him.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down