Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance

5 posters

Go down

Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance Empty Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance

Post  DagoRed Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 pm

What size CT will make an '05 1800R's gears higher, i.e. give some speedo correction? I have run my last Metz and would like to get a GYTT or MichHE. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, if there are some members local to Austin, Tx...where can I get it mounted?

Thx,
DR

DagoRed

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance Empty Re: Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:48 pm

DagoRed wrote:What size CT will make an '05 1800R's gears higher, i.e. give some speedo correction? I have run my last Metz and would like to get a GYTT or MichHE. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, if there are some members local to Austin, Tx...where can I get it mounted?

Thx,
DR

DagoRed,

There will be some guys come around and answer you about the 1800's. I am a 1300 guy, but want to officially welcome you to the site and please read our stickies! Glad to have you and make yourself at home! If you have any other questions please let us know how we can help!

We have a lot of Texas people on here who might know of a place!

I have heard of both tires and no complaints on either.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance Empty Re: Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance

Post  twistedrcpilot Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Mine is spot on give or take .5mph according to gps.

My setup: Ive got a 1300 rear end, and a potenza (same one in the darkside logo) 205/55-16

twistedrcpilot

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Hey DR, The info I've seen from actual users with stock 1800 gearing is 205/65-16 is the best for speedo accuracy, and I believe both tires your considering are available in that size. Read all the threads here, there is volumes of good info. Good luck~Dan
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  DagoRed Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 am

Ok, ordered my MichHE and cannot find a local shop to mount it. I need some help from my fellow Central Texans. Zabor's in Austin might have done it one time but I called them and they said, "hell no we won't do that!" I've always heard they're customer service left a little to be desired... Anyone know of a shop that will mount it, on or off but preferrably on so I can just ride there and back. Should look pretty cool riding to a shop with the CT strapped to the sissy bar? Shocked Razz

Thx, DR.

Newbie with usual question: Thanks in advance VTX

Last edited by DagoRed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

DagoRed

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:03 am

Any tire shop with a mag mount machine can change it out for you. Does not have to be mc specific. You will find you have better luck carrying in your rim and new tire than having a shop pull it. And even better luck just walking in vs calling around.

See you out there
SMokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  DagoRed Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:39 am

Do you mean like a Discount Tire or Firestone shop???

DagoRed

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 am

Exactly what I mean. If they can do mag car wheels they can do bikes.
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:27 am

Anyplace that has a machine for mag and custom wheels that turns the wheel itself against a stationary mount/dismount tool. Ask them to use soft jaws, usually plastic clamp covers. If you went with the 205/65 on a 1800 Retro, you may want to check fender brace clearance before you ride it, see Mr. Bill's recent thread. His Dunlop may be wider and you're fine, but better to check before you scrape up your brand new sidewalls. Good Luck!
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down