Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear brake issue

+3
gstanfield
horseman8m
Toasted_311
7 posters

Go down

Rear brake issue Empty Rear brake issue

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Ok, twice today when slowing to a stop light/sign the rear locked up alot...almost lost it both times.

It's not like I've been off the bike all winter and got to get my MC legs back again. Not even pushing the rear pedal that hard, just as I normally do everytime I slow to a stop.

I dropped the wheel and inspected everything. Nothing was sticking, but I went ahead and bled the brakes since I had things down and the bags off. Pads are still fairly new looking with close to 11k on them. Took it for a spin after and it still did it a third time. Suspect

The first and second time caught me off guard and I kinda expected the third one...luckily I didn't drop it the first two times but I'm certain the second one looked cool as hell...I was completely sideways leaned to my left with a Shocked look on my face and I swear I heard the Ultimate get sucked up into my neither regions. Evil or Very Mad

Any ideas for me to double check again tomorrow?
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rear brake issue Empty Re: Rear brake issue

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:05 pm

You could check the flex lines (hoses) , sometimes the inside of the lining will expand and close off and restrect the flow back into the res. .
the hard lines shouldn't have anything to do with that but, if it keeps doing it, check the master and wheel cylinders for scoring of the walls and the plunger seals are not damaged.

Good luck, Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Have your wife gently rub your feet and make sure that you have equal sensitivity between your right and left feet. This way you are sure that you're not stomping the pedle and besides, it's a free foot rub Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:11 am

Sounds like its way pass " flush " time. I change my brake fluid every other year.Be sure to clean the piston's thats where they get funky and thats also what makes them stick.The rear on my Suzuki Bandit did the same thing I " flushed " the brake fluid and cleaned everything and all is well now.Photo of Smokin'joe and Big Al doin' The Dragon side by side very few folks on this earth I'd ride into a curve like this with and we've did the entire Dragon side by side several times.
Rear brake issue SideBySide2
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:44 am

that is an amazing picture

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:Sounds like its way pass " flush " time. I change my brake fluid every other year.Be sure to clean the piston's thats where they get funky and thats also what makes them stick.The rear on my Suzuki Bandit did the same thing I " flushed " the brake fluid and cleaned everything and all is well now.Photo of Smokin'joe and Big Al doin' The Dragon side by side very few folks on this earth I'd ride into a curve like this with and we've did the entire Dragon side by side several times.
Rear brake issue SideBySide2

Thanks for the flushing tip! You are correct.....I only know one person I would ride like that also, only because I trained him and he and I know what the others going to do!

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Rear brake issue Empty Sticky Brakes

Post  starider Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Very serious problem. Have you checked the dealer for similar customer complaints. Or have them check the global dealer network?
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down