Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad day, but a great day!

5 posters

Go down

Sad day, but a great day!   Empty Sad day, but a great day!

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:53 am

I had to because of my health reasons needed to sell my motorcycle. Well that day has arrived and it's sold as of yesterday. My best friend in the world who I loved sharing the road with bought it for his daughter. Congrats Smokey.

I am not really sad because if we are realistic...everything in life is a season and a time for everything. And...........things always change.

Thanks everyone for your friendship here and it doesn't take owning a motorcycle to be a darksider. LOL

.....................Twin
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Sad day, but a great day!   Empty Re: Sad day, but a great day!

Post  onei Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Wow! I feel for you Twin. I thought back in March that my riding days were over. At 53 years of age, I just wasn't ready to hand up my leathers. I was in a serious accident that landed me with 5 broken ribs. The biggest factor was fear from everyone close to me. Even though the accident was not my fault, they were afraid for me (actually for themselves, but I understood where they were coming from). At first I consented and agreed (in my mind only) that I would quit riding. I just couldn't do it. Not yet. The main one I was concerned with was my wife. After a good heart-to-heart she realized my love for riding. She would rather I didn't, but at the same time, she too understands. There will come a day, I'm well aware of this. I just pray that I will embrace it with great memories and no regrets.
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Sad day, but a great day!   Empty Sad Day

Post  Dan Koich Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Maybe you won't ride, but you'll still be here contributing.

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 am

It happened so "wow" that I still can't hardly believe I ended up with your bike brother. Even with it sitting in my yard waiting its turn in the operation center. (Baby girl caught a nail in the rear of her VLX so it is in surgery now.)

You can rest assured that it will be ridden like you rode it. Taylor has already figured out that she likes the peg dragging action. The first time the pegs touched down it startled her but as soon as she realized what was going on she threw it in harder and drug em through the turn. I do believe she is going to be a rider. If I have anything to do with it, she will be a good rider.

Taylor thanks you too Bobby.

See you out there
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:45 pm

I SO hate to see a real rider go down for ANY reason! Stay here with us my man, and share what you know. I'll get rid of the woman before the bike goes; that said, I
now have to either eat bananas or take potassium pills to keep my right arm or fist from locking up.
Whatever.
I'll strap that sucker to the bars if I have to, but some of my ol' bro's have the bad back syndromes or accidents. At some point, we will ALL have to say....dare I say it...
No more. Dayum.

Sad day, but a great day!   Accelerator_icon
var vglnk = { api_url: 'http://api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' };
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down