Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great news and THANK YOU ALL

5 posters

Go down

Great news and THANK YOU ALL Empty Great news and THANK YOU ALL

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Sweetie came back to work today, He said that thanks to the good samaritan laws he was not gonna sue me Laughing Very Happy (guess that chest is a wee bit sore) I told him that with the letter I got from his Mamma I don't think that was ever a posibillity. Very Happy (can you believe she called me an angel, she sure don't know me Shocked ) Actually he is doing really good, the memory loss he was suffering at first has resolved itself (relief there, that means we didn't let him do without oxygen) he says that except a little soreness he feels good. Another of the guys said something about him being the million dollar man, Sweetie looked at him dead pan and told him " I had that benchmark passed way before the chemo even started." I guess those bike crashes when he was racing got a tad expensive for our insurance company Laughing Laughing Sweetie now has a pace maker on his chest just under the skin along with the chemo port and a caposcapy (sp) (poop bag) no large intestine very little small intestine and very little colon. I am telling y'all he is one tough dude. So i imagine his saying he is a little sore would bench a lot of linebackers if they were dealing with his "soreness".

Thanks to all of you for the prayers and "keeping him in your thoughts". The company tried to play it off like the three of us that danced on his chest and played kissy face with him were heroes. NOT EVEN CLOSE, Chris has been my hero since he started the cancer battle, there is just no quit in this guy, He is so realistic and down to earth and meets everything in life head on and wide open. I wish you all could meet him. Unless you knew ahead of time you would never know he has cancer or any of the crap he has been through. That's just not his style. What you would know after meeting him even for just a little bit is that he is one Good Guy.

Thanks again all,
I would apolagize for this being long but that would be a lie, I do hope that I was able to convey to all what a truly magnanamous guy Chris really is.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Great news and THANK YOU ALL Empty Re: Great news and THANK YOU ALL

Post  wayne Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 am

Very good news. CONGRATS TO YOU ALSO

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:48 am

Great news Smokey! You are very much a stand up guy in my book, even before saving someone's life. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 am

Smokey,
Sounds like your life has be enriched by meeting Chris.
We dont always know why we are where we are, but when we get a chance to be part of something, it is special. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Keep it up.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:10 am

I'm glad you gave us all the good news. It sounds like Chris is one helluva fighter, I always like meeting those type of people, which are few and far between in this day and time. I guess it might be hard for one man to admit that he looks up to, or admires another mans character. But it sounds like Sweetie is one of those guys, be glad you gave him around to admire some more.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down