Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC

3 posters

Go down

Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC Empty Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC

Post  CutterDuck Sun May 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Here is a map of a nice ride in the hills of North Carolina if you are near or passing through. Ride is about 230 miles with lots of curves and nice views. Several of us Darksiders meet over in Franklin last weekend for a couple days of riding. It was a blast. There are far better roads over in the area to ride than the Dragon and a lot less traffic!! Just a few of the worth riding roads are Warwoman, Wayha, Elijay, Walnut Creek, Slickfisher, Georgia 60 and many many more.Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC Ridein14
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC Empty Re: Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC

Post  quadancer Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 am

On the lower leg of your loop is Suches, Ga. - up from that a ways is 180 - where the old 2wheels only used to be - that is the eastern leg of our usual Sat. afternoon ride, hooking over to your route on the east side.
It's our favorite place to rip and shred, especially 60 going up.
I wish someone would post a full alternative route list for places like the Dragon without the crowds and cars. I haven't done the snake yet either, but it's on my bucket list. Dragon has gotten old, with so
many slow and unconcerned riders/cars on it. What do they think those pulloffs are FOR, anyway??? banghd
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC Empty Re: Some nice roads to ride in the hills of NC

Post  Doc Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm

The loop through Suches is a great ride. I've taken it heading down to Mercier Orchards for some fried pies several times. lafer
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed May 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Explain that one to me...during the apple festival, you got drivers turning left into the same thing on both sides of the road, traffic blocked for miles...?
I was like; What? Next time I'm going to Alabama...
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down