Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

245 may be too big for Australian roads.

3 posters

Go down

245 may be too big for Australian roads. Empty 245 may be too big for Australian roads.

Post  docbiggles Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 am

Hi guys I have had a 245/45/18 on my M109R now for about 1500kms and I am not quite convinced that it is the right choice for our Aussie roads. The reason being is that the camber of our roads, particulary in the rural and remote areas, is quite extreme in cases due to the high level of flash flooding that can occur all year round.
While riding this extreme camber it's like riding in a 75mph sidewind, I have to lean the bike the opposite way, this is making me tired after 600kms. Having said this mates that have followed along behind have commented on the fact that the tread remains flat on the road until I am really leant over into a corner.

So I am thinking about going back to the otherside for a little while and will make another assessment in due course. If it weren't for the overall dimension's 245 then I am sure it would be more comfortable to ride, mind you I throw the bike around quite a bit and everyone is amazed that I can ride it so well with the CT.

But as a result of the CT on the back funny things have happened, like.....One kid with his dad the other day said, "F**ck Dad that's the Batbike", father spun around and yelled "what did you say?", son said "that's the batbike dad", dad say's "No before that", at which stage I am beside myself rolling on the ground laughing so dad didn't take it any further. Laughing

Cheers

Doc.
docbiggles
docbiggles

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-17

http://www.docbiggles.webs.com

Back to top Go down

245 may be too big for Australian roads. Empty Re: 245 may be too big for Australian roads.

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:32 am

well, be sure to let us know what you think after you switch again! You going to a 240 MC tire then?
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

245 may be too big for Australian roads. Empty Re: 245 may be too big for Australian roads.

Post  docbiggles Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 am

nodakbassmaster wrote:well, be sure to let us know what you think after you switch again! You going to a 240 MC tire then?

Nah mate I am going to go to the 250/40/18 Avon Cobra.

Last one I had on was great, I had no probs with it and I used every inch of it from sidewall to sidewall.

Stay safe ya'll.

Cheers

Doc.
docbiggles
docbiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 pm

just come back and let us know how you are doing , just because you went back to a MT doesn't mean that you can't hang around and chat with us.
you are welcome here anytime.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  docbiggles Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 am

Don't worry guys you haven't got rid of me that easy lol!

I check back in from time to time and let you know whats happening.

Check this out I spotted on a M109 site from South Africa..............

Then to all you guy's out there with 300's .............we have been challenged!!!!This is a "DARK SIDE" 335 !!! For those not familiar with the term DARK SIDE.That is what it is called when you fit a CAR tyre to a bike!!
This bike won best ENGINEERED.......It is a Suzuki Katana

245 may be too big for Australian roads. Big_335

Now that's BIG, try turning this. affraid

Cheers

Doc.
docbiggles
docbiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down