Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice ride this past weekend

3 posters

Go down

Nice ride this past weekend Empty Nice ride this past weekend

Post  CutterDuck Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Friend and I meet up in Fontana Friday afternoon. Decided to make a trip across the Dragon and then on down 72 to Tellico Plain, across the Cherohala back to Fontana. Very nice evening to ride. We did see alot of snow still up on the Cherohala. Left out Sat morning around 0530 and rode down to Uvalda GA to eat at Benton Lee Steak house, then back to Fontana that evening. Sunday, we just picked out a bunch of back roads in the hills of NC, TN and North GA. We got in almost 1500 miles. A great weekend.

Here is a pic. Of course it is on the Dragon.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01U3060141&po=141&pc=189
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Nice ride this past weekend Empty Re: Nice ride this past weekend

Post  jedishon Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 am

Nice picture. Still orange and red leaves on the trees.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  papa smurf Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I was wondering what a Wing looked like with a CT on it hard into a corner. Now I know. You just finished off making up my mind I will for sure go with a CT on my Wing. Were you using a Michilin Alpin ? Thanks for the pic. That was great both bikes looked nice and rock solid.
papa smurf
papa smurf

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Papa Smurf, yes I am running the Michelin Alpin, a run flat tire. Matter fact, both of those bikes in the picture are running the same tire combo, the Michelin in the rear and a G709 up front. The Dragon pic is nothing compared to the lean angles we were doing on some other less traveled roads around the area. I believe you will be happy with the Alpin.

Here is a pic they got of me on the way over to meet up with the other bike.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01U3060113&po=113&pc=189
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  papa smurf Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

It would appear that you have about 4.25 to 4.75 in. of rubber on the ground. If you go back a couple of Pic. there is another guy on a Wing same corner that looks as though he only has about 2.75 to 3.00 on the ground. Another good reason to run the Michilin. Thanks for the pic's.
papa smurf
papa smurf

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am

papa smurf wrote:It would appear that you have about 4.25 to 4.75 in. of rubber on the ground. If you go back a couple of Pic. there is another guy on a Wing same corner that looks as though he only has about 2.75 to 3.00 on the ground. Another good reason to run the Michilin. Thanks for the pic's.
Not only is it a wider foot print in the curve, it is also a longer footprint if you look at the tire from the side. We are running 30 to 32 psi so the contact patch is wider and longer than MC tire.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down