Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how many Concours 1400 users are here

3 posters

Go down

how many Concours 1400 users are here Empty how many Concours 1400 users are here

Post  givey58 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I have only found 1 Concours 14 owner with a car tire are there any more on here. I have one on my gl1800 and am adding a concours to the stable and am looking for more info like brand, model and size. What is involved in the tire swap?

givey58

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

how many Concours 1400 users are here Empty Re: how many Concours 1400 users are here

Post  Professor Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 am

One more here, converting over this Saturday ( finally wore out the Battle Axe)

Professor
'08 C-14
FL Panhandle
Professor
Professor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-06-08

http://www.ride2wheels.com

Back to top Go down

how many Concours 1400 users are here Empty how many Concours 1400 users are here

Post  givey58 Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Professor, Great, let me know how it works! I am still about 5k miles from tire replacement but car tire may be in the future. What size and brand are you going to use?

givey58

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

how many Concours 1400 users are here Empty DS Connie

Post  Professor Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Had a Pirelli P6 205/50/R17 90H Four Season installed this morning. Mechanic set pressure to 40PSI (per his gauge) console reads 44PSI.

Put about 100 miles on them before it started to pour. I have not put her through the paces yet, (babying it for now till they are broke in) but so far:
Pro: rides smooth, cornering is stable
Cons: pulls to the right (down hill) or wants to follow the truck ruts.

I teach the motorcycle riding, so on Tuesday I will be on the range putting her though the paces. Going try it at current pressure, then lower it by 4 psi and do it again.

I tried to put a picture in here but it dis appeared
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

how many Concours 1400 users are here Empty Re: how many Concours 1400 users are here

Post  Professor Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 pm

OK, got Connie out and put her through the paces: Slow tight turns (including a snowman), tight curves at about 25-30MPH 60' diameter, straight at Hwy speeds and swerves at slow and hwy speed.

Results: I did the slow speed stuff (30MPH or less)with the dash indicator reading 44psi. LOVED IT. I used to have trouble bringing her back from a slow (<2mph) peg dragging turn, with the flat bottom she pops back up ready to go the other way. Did the snowman in under 20', probably between 17-18.5'

The corners at 25-30 on a tight curve was interesting to say the least. The first time through I ground my peg into the pavement (thought I was going to break another one), was expecting the usual decel, but these tires maintain the diameter resulting in no decel, so when I rolled on the throttle to maintain my speed, my speed actually increased... dramatically.

Forgot to lower the pressure before I got back on the road, so I puled over and lowered the pressure (F&R) to 38psi. (wanted 40, oops). At 38 she does not track to the right as hard, more comfortable ride (less jarring over bumps), and I was able to go from the middle of my lane to the middle of the other lane and back in 2 dash/spaces. What I did was when my front tire was even with the dash pained on the road, I pressed hard left, then right. I was back in my lane before my front tire reached the third dash.

Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Post  datsaxman Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey You...C14 DarkSiders...what are you running on the front?

Thanks,
saxman

datsaxman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down