Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New users

+12
winger1800
nigel lovelace
Doc
mat 60
rachely476
quadancer
twin1300
Marshmonkey
dogdrifter
OlHossCanada
Mingo
Toasted_311
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New users Empty New users

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:18 am

Will have to be ok'd by an admin from here on out. Since the hack I feel this might help some. I'll try to stay on top of new users and I hope Twin and Smokey can help as well. Sorry for any delays this might cause

Thanks
Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New users Empty Re: New users

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

And if any new folks have issues about not getting approved for whatever reason you can email me from a valid account.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mingo Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:09 pm

sunny Out look - Yo bud I know I'm a newbie to the site but I'm on line about 10 hours a day... Photographer by trade and now days that means computer geek... So if you need a monitor or moderator for the site I will help you out. I'm first officer of the 021 Chapter of the CMC in Lloydminster Alberta Canada. I've been a biker sine I was 13 forty two years ago - and love chatting with people of the same mind OK I am a bit of a shit disturber but for fun only... As per my shots on HD and tire manufactures in my first ever post with much more to come eventually as soon as I see how well it is received lol!

You have my email and contact info feel free... I do spend a great deal of time on the road summer months but Black Berry keeps me connected, semi retired so time is mine for the most part...
Mingo
Mingo

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  OlHossCanada Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey Mingo, it is nice to find a fellow forum member only half a province away, instead of half a continent. You and I are only a year apart in age, but you have been riding all those years, when I have been wishing I was. I`ve had a licence since I was 14, and only got my first bike, a Vulcan 750 in May 2008 just after my 55th B-day. We have had a couple of folks darkside their bikes over on the vn750.com site, and I am researching it out myself now. I`m on disability right now, but hope to be back to work and riding by next spring. I will talk to you later.

OlHossCanada

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

New users Empty Half a province? Hell that is a coffee run away.

Post  Mingo Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:07 am

So Lethbridge huh! What a Face Been there a hundred times easy... :pirat: So not quite sure you on a car tire or thinking of being on one? scratch Honestly you could not get me to ride on a bike tire again, better traction by far, feels so much more stable on the road. cheers This winter so far I've ridden on ice, snow, ice and snow and rain lots of rain, minus 2 and rain is damned cold too!!! confused I would have put the bike away by now with the BT but with the CT no way still riding rode into work today in a snow storm, Cool you should see the look on the cagers faces as I pass by Shocked

So we need to coffee some time - any chance you are planning on attending the biggest and best Rally of the year What a Face BBR - Border Bike Rally, http://www.borderbikerally.com/ I promise this will be the talk of the Rally circuit for 2010. We have so damned much lined up working it around family and fathers day so bring the family with you.. Or not! Twisted Evil Some thing for everyone, bike raffle and second place is a 52 in TV third place is a 1,000.00 Garmin dual use GPS with mounts for your bike and your car... Very Happy We have live entertainment, flat track racing, test rides from manufactures and product providers, trade show and so darn much more... This is only our fourth kick at the can last year was great this year will be better!!! Camping on site... food on site... Poker run, rodeo and well more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation

So be there or be square What a Face Shocked :pirat: 🤡
Mingo
Mingo

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  OlHossCanada Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

I`m not sure I can make it this year, but it looks like it will be a blast. I got too close to a guardrail just 6 weeks after I got the bike and dragged my leg for 50 feet along the rail. It busted the leg pretty badly, and it is just starting to show significant bone growth now, 17 months after the crash. The bike suffered only minor scratches for the most part, but has only been ridden home, and started a couple of times before last winter. I tried to get it started again to get some Seafoam fuel additive into the carbs to prevent it gumming up over the winter, but the battery is toast. I didn`t want to spring for a new MF-AGM battery this year, as I couldn`t ride anyway. I will have to wait and see if I will be riding again and back to work by June for the BBR. Thanks for the invite anyway. I will post the BBR on our local biker forum too at http://www.lethbridgeroadcrew.com. I see that toecutter advertized the BBR from 2009 in the Alberta events forum earlier this year.

I hope you can keep riding for a few more weeks in the ice and snow. Make the cagers wonder. Shocked Keep the rubber on the road.

OlHossCanada

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

New users Empty Rally in BC

Post  dogdrifter Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Mingo
thought I would just touch base with you as we have a few things in common. I will very soon be going to the DARKSIDE and I'm also 2nd officer in CMC 037 Port alberni BC.
Would really like to know your experience with CT and any info you have that will help me in this venture.
Take care
DD

dogdrifter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Marshmonkey Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:09 am

OK, how does one go about getting ok'd? I registered and got an email reply, but, except for this thread in this category, I seem to not be able to pull up anything.
Thanks scratch

Marshmonkey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Marshmonkey wrote:OK, how does one go about getting ok'd? I registered and got an email reply, but, except for this thread in this category, I seem to not be able to pull up anything.
Thanks scratch

Not sure Monkey! I checked into it and it shows you are active and have all the rights to see everything. Now some threads have been wiped out by a hacker some months back and all the data is gone and nothing there.

Welcome and glad to have you sir.

....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! I think castration and mutilation is too kind for them.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Marshmonkey Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks Bobby, it started working a day or so after I wrote the post. I don't know why it wasn't working initially, but it is now, so no harm, no foul.....

Marshmonkey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rachely476 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 am

Hi! I’ve just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

rachely476

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:29 am

Bernard and Rachely!

Welcome to the forum and make yourselves at home! Glad to have you!

...........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New users Empty Ya Im new and Im from Maine....

Post  mat 60 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Very Happy I ride a 2010 fatboy and this post is a test....Can you here me?.....Oh..I cant spell for nothing.. hmmm
mat 60
mat 60

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 pm

mat 60 wrote: Very Happy I ride a 2010 fatboy and this post is a test....Can you here me?.....Oh..I cant spell for nothing.. hmmm
Welcome Ya did good! thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 am

mat 60 wrote: Very Happy I ride a 2010 fatboy and this post is a test....Can you here me?.....Oh..I cant spell for nothing.. hmmm

Loud and clear! Welcome to our site! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mat 60 Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks....Hope you dont mind my bike on here so soon......Seams weard to be a 50 year old man that thats feels it yes and still be a new B.....I can see that yes this is a great place to check out....Only thing is I no alot things in my old age but I dont no much about fixing bikes..... SignOops
mat 60
mat 60

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

New users Empty darkside

Post  nigel lovelace Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 am

i reed about ct and thinking about going that way down under i see 195 and 205 matched up to 55,65 and 70 /16 no mention on air pressure i will go down the tyre shop tomorrow and have a look cheers from sunny queensland clinton thumbup
nigel lovelace
nigel lovelace

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

New users Empty Good day everyone

Post  winger1800 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:54 am

I'm a new user and looking forward to being part of the group,I have been a Dark Sider for several years with my Valk.Now I have a Goldwing 1800
and just put a Goodyear TT 205/60/16 on it.So far so good.Found that 32 lbs of air was about right for me.When I started the Dark Side several other people told me that I would need to adjust the air pressure to my weight etc.Two lbs can make a big difference.I reg yesterday and was exceped without delay and this is my first post. thumbup

winger1800

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:46 am

winger1800 wrote:I'm a new user and looking forward to being part of the group,I have been a Dark Sider for several years with my Valk.Now I have a Goldwing 1800
and just put a Goodyear TT 205/60/16 on it.So far so good.Found that 32 lbs of air was about right for me.When I started the Dark Side several other people told me that I would need to adjust the air pressure to my weight etc.Two lbs can make a big difference.I reg yesterday and was exceped without delay and this is my first post. thumbup

Welcome sir and proud to have you! Make yourself at home!

......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New users Empty New to Darkside

Post  Cudnt Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 am

Hello from Down under. I went to the darkside with my GL1800 about 500 kilometres ago. After heaps of research and chats face to face with blokes over here, I went for a Kumho Runflat at 32 psi. at this stage I am very pleased with the ride.

I'll check back in when I have a few more (miles) on the clock!!

Ron aka the Cudnt
Cudnt
Cudnt

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Cudnt wrote:Hello from Down under. I went to the darkside with my GL1800 about 500 kilometres ago. After heaps of research and chats face to face with blokes over here, I went for a Kumho Runflat at 32 psi. at this stage I am very pleased with the ride.

I'll check back in when I have a few more (miles) on the clock!!

Ron aka the Cudnt

Ron,

Congrats mate!!! Glad you like it!!! Just wait until you get caught in the rain....then it really going to show you how good it is. Welcome to our site and please post some pics!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudnt Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:19 am

Thanks Bobby,
I'm new to the forum. haven't been in since my lost post. Work does get in the way at times. We have our Toy Run on this Saturday and its predicted for rain so I may well get that wet test as you mentioned.

Ill do my best with the pics, when I get that bit sorted.

Keep well
Cudnt
Cudnt

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BOB2002 Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:07 am

Christ! your on this site peddling cookies too Razz

BOB2002

Registration date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

New users Empty New User Postings

Post  mtlbndr Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello to all from SW IDAHO, new to the forum and would just like to make sure i am posting in the correct areas for the forum. Riding a 2006 Honda 1300 VTX-R with a wonderful new addition of a CT. Placed a TOYO ECLIPSE 185/65/R15. Been wanting to go darkside for years and finally found all the information i needed so far. It was sort of a bear to find what I was looking for in the tire-wanted a directional but settled for an asymetrical due to no directional ties in this size. So far so good. About three hundred miles and just now getting used to it but seems to be the softest ride I have had in years. Will update and answer questions as i go along. Happy Riding....

mtlbndr

Registration date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next