Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side.

4 posters

Go down

Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side. Empty Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side.

Post  maddanthony_59 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

I ride a Victory Kingpin Touring, and after just over 6K miles it's tire time. AGAIN! My Riding Partner of late is a Valkyrie rider with 90K on the clock of his trusty steed, and a devout Double-Darksider.

We are getting ready for a trip to Sturgis/SLC/Yellowstone/Etc... from the Indy area. 3500 miles just getting there and back. And I think I mentioned I'm due for new shoes. Well, I'm going all in and tossing a Cooper ZPT 215/45-18 on the rear and an Avon 130/70-18 Roadrider Rear on the front. Everyone I talk to either smiles knowlingly or assures me I'll die a firey death, so I've decided to follow the darkside, and document the process along the way. I pickup the Rear tonight, and might even get it on. i really want to get a few Hundred miles on it before heading out to the open road. The front should be here Monday, so that'll give me a few days to shake her down before Sturgis. I'm hoping the low profile on the 18" rim works out okay. More to follow, including Pictures! Laughing

maddanthony_59

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-26

Back to top Go down

Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side. Empty Re: Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side.

Post  maddanthony_59 Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Crap! The tire doesn't fit in the rear fender. About 5mm too wide on each side...

I might have to put my Firey Death on hold until after this trip...

maddanthony_59

Back to top Go down

Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side. Empty Re: Dying a Firey Death! My turn to The Dark Side.

Post  quadancer Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Eighteens? Surely there is a lowrider skin you can find for that thing!!! In the meantime, please pull over a little and let us by with our trailer and gear....
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  maddanthony_59 Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 am

Supposedly BMW makes an SUV tire in 185/55-18. If I can find that, Game On! If not, another round of Bridgestone Exceda's will get me through the Summer. Crying or Very sad

maddanthony_59

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 am

Good luck brother! It's worth the hassle to try to find something to fit! A lot of first timers before it was popular went through the same thing! Trial and error!

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

twin1300 wrote:Good luck brother! It's worth the hassle to try to find something to fit! A lot of first timers before it was popular went through the same thing! Trial and error!

...................bobby

And then later we were put on trial to their error.... lafer lafer lafer lafer
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  maddanthony_59 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Loaded the Bridgestones yesterday. But I've just gotten an Arlen Ness 16" 5-Spoke wheel! After I wear these bad-boys down to a Nub I'll look into a 195/60 or a 215/65 16 CT. I've also got an Avon AM26 130/70-18 Rear to go up front. We're leaving on a 5K+ mile trip Saturday morning. That should take the Newness off these tires!

maddanthony_59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum