Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper

4 posters

Go down

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper Empty over here I got a darkside triumph chopper

Post  superduper Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am

Early 71 with four speed. 750 morgo drop in, 68 cradle, santee bolt on. This is what I believe to be a truck tire, gearins little high but that isnt a problem for me. I had to raise the frame rail/fender abit cause this tire is a couple inches taller than what was on my 95 sportster. Seems to be working on the tr6. On another bike which gave me the idea for going to the darkside Im running a paughco hardtail sportster with the N4 setup thunderstorm heads/barrels combo. This stock elite tire looked good/made in the states, but I cant keep tread on the damm thing. So I order what I thought to be an exact replacement on ebay for $130 and when it arrived it was an imported tire,same brand tho. I was pissed and begain measuring for a CT. Found an old style radial through coker and had a shop that specializes in flathead Indians mount and balance the fucker on a conical hub laced to a 16 for my 750. I figure if all goes well on the Triumph Ill slap one on my Sporty. Having trouble posting pics but do not worry Im getting help this afternoon.

superduper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper Empty DARKSIDE AFTERNOON

Post  superduper Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 pm

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper IMAG0140
COKER 500 BY 16 COMES IN JUST UNDER 28 INCHES TALL SET ME BACK ABOUT 150 WITH SHIPPING
over here I got a darkside triumph chopper IMAG0141
NO CREDIT CARD WAS EVER USED OR IN ANYWAY HARMED WHILE CREATING THIS VEHICLE
over here I got a darkside triumph chopper 1330745632

Last edited by superduper on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : EXPLAINING THE PIC)

superduper

Back to top Go down

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper Empty Re: over here I got a darkside triumph chopper

Post  Doc Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 pm

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper IMAG0140

That will work! thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

over here I got a darkside triumph chopper Empty Re: over here I got a darkside triumph chopper

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 pm

That is one sic lookin scoot brother. Well done.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 am

I assume you had to put a smaller front sprocket on there, or always ride solo?
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  superduper Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Yes. No skanks allowed on my bike

superduper

Back to top Go down

Post  superduper Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 pm

I was off on the size and price its 550 16. Straight from coker it was a couple hundred bucks, what a smooth ride. I know this tire will outlast four cycle tires. So far so good. Runs up and down VC 6 mile canyon have earned my confidence. ITLL FIT ON MY HARLEY

Last edited by superduper on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

superduper

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Don't wanna bust yer bubble just yet, but ride that thing a while first. One guy had the Coker on a Sporty and only got 4k out of it. I'm thinking maybe they are just made to drive from the garage to the shows? Haven't seen any other reports on them yet. But with that much room in there, you won't have a problem finding a replacement, like a 185 or larger.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  superduper Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Ya, just the the DS thread on coker. Should have caught it earlier I do not like getting happy for nothing

superduper

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 am

Well, keep hangin' - maybe it was a fluke? Nothing to lose now anyway. Nice bike.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down