Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triumph America

2 posters

Go down

Triumph America Empty Triumph America

Post  locopony Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Ok I am still having a hard time finding what I am looking for. I have been reading this forum and many others for some time. Appearantly not many who ride triumph ride dark side. I am trying to find a good starting point for going dark side as I build my bobber. So could some wise sage of the Dark side please help me out. I have read and read and read but can't seem to get anywhere with this.
I read that there are tires to use and tires not to use but not which is which. What tires are good? Why are the other ones bad?
radial or bias ply and why? Mc tires are bias but many advocate radial. ?????

locopony

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Triumph America Empty Re: Triumph America

Post  locopony Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

oh and how about plys 4, 6, 10?

locopony

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  coldweatherfreak Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 pm

locopony wrote: Mc tires are bias but many advocate radial. ?????

most MC tires today are radials, but for giggles I looked up the specs on the America

and whats odd, is that the front is radial and the rear is bias, never seen that before oem

I would not reccomend a bias CT personally. IMHO its because the CT is radial is the reason they handle very similar to a MC tire

6-10 ply tires are for trucks somehting else I would not reccomend on a MC, if you really want a 10ply 15" tire, good luck finding one, thats what my 30 year old van takes and I had a very hard time finding a set, seems like all new trucks take 16" or larger when I was looking all the online sources had "3 or less" in stock, meaning none
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum