Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III??

4 posters

Go down

Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III?? Empty Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III??

Post  HD2R3 Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

I have a 2007 Rocket III with about 9000 miles. I bought it in July with 3500. It has the original tires and I'm about to take it in for its 10,000 mile service and while it's there I want to switch out the tires, not much life left on them. I am considering a CT, mainly because of cost and lack of durability of MCT's. My concern is probably the same as everyone else's when they started researching - handling. I am trying to understand how you can corner safely with a CT because of its square profile compared to the rounded profile of a MCT. I do most of my recreational riding up in the Shenandoahs. Anyway, I was wondering if a consensus had developed on what is the best tire for the model I have. I would appreciate any input. The tire that seems to lead the list right now is the Riken Raptor 225/55/16

HD2R3

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III?? Empty Re: Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III??

Post  quadancer Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm

When you walk, do you go up on your toes every step? No, because your ankle lets the foot stay flat. The sidewall on the tire allows about half the tread to stay on the road by flexion, giving you more that a MT, which is why there is also more traction.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III?? Empty Re: Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III??

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Alot of shops will not mount a car tire ....Did you ask them already ? I've been on The DarkSide since 1999 and I've passed crotch rockets on The Dragon.If you mount one I'll bet you will never go back to a motorcycle tire.

Reccomendation for the Triumph Rocket III?? A0203345Large

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Well, good luck making your choice. Choosing a tire has to do with several things.
One of them is references, which you can easily check on this site at several topics.
Since not many of us ride a 225 I suggest to take a look at the Rocket sectiont,
i'm sure they can help you out.
I'm riding a Michelin 225 and am happy with it.
Let us know what you've decided and don't forget the pic's !
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum