Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote

4 posters

Go down

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote  Empty Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote

Post  ProgrammerTim Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

I ordered an Avon RoadRider 150/70/17 rear tire for the front of my vtx 1800r and a Michellin Hydroedge 205/65 16 for the rear. I figure if my friends are right and I'm screwing myself over, I might as well go all the way (I'll be balancing with Airsoft pellets as well).

However, the HydroEdge is "nationally backordered" according to Discount Tire, and the TripleTread doesn't come in that size, so what I've seen on the forums as the two most popular tires are no longer options.

So, of what is currently available on Discount Tire or Tire Rack which tire would you choose? (I had links so you didn't have to enter a search, but I'm not allowed to post them yet. Sad )

Or, should I just drop down to 60 and go with the TripleTread?

ProgrammerTim

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote  Empty Re: Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote

Post  Doc Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

The Kumho's and the Altimax have been used by some.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote  Empty re frustrated on tire sizes put it up for a vote

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Don't know that the tripple tread ever came in a 65 series,every one I know including me has the 60 series. Shrug Shrug
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote  Empty Hydroedge

Post  czech Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Go to Big 10 Tires. They should have the 205 65 16 hydroedge tire in stock. I bought mine there. Tell them it's a carryout and they should knock off ten dollars.They also beat Tireracks price. I have 5000 miles on mine and will never go back to dunlops.

Chris

czech

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote  Empty Re: Frustrated on Tire choices: Put it up for a vote

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down