Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of new bike.

+3
smokey2255
Larry Simpson
CaribCruiser
7 posters

Go down

Pictures of new bike. Empty Pictures of new bike.

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 am

Bought another X, a 2005 R, color black, 12.000 miles.
Bike will be shipped to Moon in Louisiana, because I hope to be able to attend the
2011 DS rally. If not I'll plan another road trip ending up at the dock in Miami for
shipping her home.
I'm in doubt of needing a bigger shield for these trips.
Bought pipes for her as well, have a certain look in mind for the bike and bought
one of the last available Roadhouse Dooley's.

Pictures of new bike. NewX2005-03

Pictures of new bike. NewX2005-02

Pictures of new bike. NewX2005-01

Last edited by CaribCruiser on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures)
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Pictures of new bike. Empty re new bike

Post  Larry Simpson Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 am

If Moon doesn't have it worn out first lol! lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Pictures of new bike. Empty Re: Pictures of new bike.

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:00 pm

I know Larry and I also knew you were coming up with this, haha.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Pictures of new bike. Empty re pictures of new bike

Post  Larry Simpson Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Nice bike,enjoy,it. Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Can't wait to see what you do to this one Robert. Enjoy the scoot. Now we will se how good a buddy moon is. Will the mods be done when you come to pick it up? Laughing Hell I may ride down there and help him put it together for you.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Smokey, Moon offered his help. Twin had also already offered me his kitchen to store the bike for me.
nothing than great folks on this board.
Hardest thing to do will probably to install the Dooleys and I'll need to buy a CT of course. Have some laying
around here, but can't take them with me. I'm planning on keeping the fender so no Foodsmod this time,
since a 225 or bigger won't fit the R fender I guess.
I've something in mind with the bike, but for sure this one will keep her shocks, since that's the
reason I'm selling my old one. She was already pretty hard after the first mod, whci gives me nech
and headproblems since the cager hit me a couple of years ago.
It will be tight for me to make it to the DS rally since we're just coming back from a holiday in the US
on the 5th of April. The time in between is too long to stay there.
Will need some stuff, but have still time, most of it will be bold on chrome stuff.
Hope to see you in April,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:55 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:Smokey, Moon offered his help. Twin had also already offered me his kitchen to store the bike for me.
Hardest thing to do will probably to install the Dooleys and I'll need to buy a CT of course. Have some laying
around here, but can't take them with me. I'm planning on keeping the fender so no Foodsmod this time,
I've something in mind with the bike, but for sure this one will keep her shocks, since that's the
reason I'm selling my old one. She was already pretty hard after the first mod, whci gives me nech
It will be tight for me to make it to the DS rally since we're just coming back from a holiday in the US
Will need some stuff, but have still time, most of it will be bold on chrome stuff.
Robert.
What dates would work best for you ?
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I like the looks of Doolies on an R. With Twins experience on exhaust systems it shouldn't take him more than 20-30 min to swap them for you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:38 pm

That would be awesome. We can do a meet and greet and Jam on a bike where the owner isn’t even around. Boy I gonna bust out the saws-all and have me some fun. (Kidding Robert). I have the ability to do everything but the Valves. I think that Bobby has done this and Ill make sure that he is down here to do this. I have a place ready to install the tire I just need to know which one you want. I can even have it here before the bike arrives. I just need to have a punch list and some ideas that you want done to it. Ill have it ready to roll by the Rally. I have the time already down on the calendar and I’m looking forward to meeting up with everyone too.

Robert. I’ll go ahead and say this. I believe you would really prefer a bigger windshield. A bigger shield will really help with the buffeting during the ride up there on the super slab. You head and neck will thank you.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Larry.
That shield you have is perfect for Robert. Which one is that?
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Thx. Moon, guess you're right about the shield. Am already looking for a used Memphis incl mounting hardware.
I think a 17" will do for me.
About that grinding and cutting, well let's say your not the best cook, but the BBQ wasn't bad, so no worries here. Wink
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
CaribCruiser wrote:Smokey, Moon offered his help. Twin had also already offered me his kitchen to store the bike for me.
Robert.

Joe, I've no idea to be honest. The rally is planned for 15-17. If it was a week earlier it would have been easier to
stay in the US after our holiday, giving me the chance to watch Moon ruining my scoot. on the other hand would that mean that I would ne away for 4 weeks or even more, which I can't.
Spoke it through with my darkside lady boss earlier tonight and i will definitely try to come, just need to figure some financial things out, flights, additional goodies for the bike and not to forget clothing.
What temp we're looking at during that time of the year. Rain also?
We'll be in Orlando the third week of March. Have to find some nice spots for some bike clothing.

Tropical regards, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:41 am

CaribCruiser wrote:
Robert.

Joe, I've no idea to be honest. The rally is planned for 15-17. If it was a week earlier it would have been easier to
stay in the US after our holiday, giving me the chance to watch Moon ruining my scoot. on the other hand would that mean that I would ne away for 4 weeks or even more, which I can't.
Spoke it through with my darkside lady boss earlier tonight and i will definitely try to come, just need to figure some financial things out, flights, additional goodies for the bike and not to forget clothing.
We'll be in Orlando the third week of March. Have to find some nice spots for some bike clothing.

Figure out the dates that work best for you and let me know with time for others to plan for time off....As for the weather in April noway to nail that down it could be t-shirt weather or coat weather the mountains have a effect on the weather and can change in a day.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 am

CaribCruiser wrote:
Robert.

Figure out the dates that work best for you and let me know with time for others to plan for time off....As for the weather in April noway to nail that down it could be t-shirt weather or coat weather the mountains have a effect on the weather and can change in a day.We don't have to do this in April just whenever it works for the most folks to attend.I will say late spring early fall for the most enjoyable weather.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 pm

It looks good! Just like my friend Jeff's. We put a Dunlop Signature (has rounded sidewall corners) on it. Looks good (205mm) and he loves it - we put 36 lbs. air in and he's never wanted to change it.
Pictures of new bike. JeffsBaggr001
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Quote; "Figure out the dates that work best for you and let me know with time for others to plan for time off....As for the weather in April noway to nail that down it could be t-shirt weather or coat weather the mountains have a effect on the weather and can change in a day.We don't have to do this in April just whenever it works for the most folks to attend.I will say late spring early fall for the most enjoyable weather."

Joe, The date you were talking about in April, 15-17 is good for me. I'll be home a couple of days after our vacation before I'll fly in again and will be back on the island to put my parents on the plain back to Europe on the 26th.
The first 3 weekend in May will be fine for me as well.
Early fall ? I've no idea and have nothing planned yet. Maybe I can do two roadtrips before riding her to the dock in Miami.
It will be an adventure anyway, riding in the mpountains, riding in a jacket, maybe with gloves and in the rain. Geez, that's been over 25 yrs ago. Damn I'm getting old Wink

Have good week, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm

quadancer wrote:It looks good! Just like my friend Jeff's. We put a Dunlop Signature (has rounded sidewall corners) on it. Looks good (205mm) and he loves it - we put 36 lbs. air in and he's never wanted to change it.
Pictures of new bike. JeffsBaggr001

Thanks, will have to look in to a 2005, since I'll stick with these wheels. Not gonna do the footsmod, since i want to keep the fender like it is, well, almost. A 225 or 245 won't fit.
Have not read about the Dunlop Signature, but will check it out, thx. I've some new 205 tires here at home, but won't take them with me Wink
Have a good week, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 am

AFAIK, we're the only ones who've used it - we picked it because of the rounded corners, not really realizing back then how unimportant that is, since the tire flexes completely anyway. But it turned out to be a really really good tire, and looks badazz.
Funny I'd be complimenting anything with the Dunny name on it, but there it is.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 am

Well Quad, I don't agree regarding the more rounded edges. When I changed from a 205 to a 225 I also choose the more rounded one out of the limited choices we've here on the island.
Turned out that this 225, a Michelin, handled way easier then my "old" 205, so for me, more rounded corners are
impotant just like it is with women Very Happy
For now, I just have to make sure that the bike will be delivered at Moon's estate then we take it from there.
Regards, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Maybe that's why Jeff likes it so much. Hm.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down