Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire for Harley Road King ?

2 posters

Go down

Tire for Harley Road King ? Empty Tire for Harley Road King ?

Post  scrinch Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi, Brand new to the site.

I have a 01 Harley Road King Classic with a sidecar. The stock rear tire MT90B16 is getting pretty worn with only 4K miles on it and a Dunlop replacement is about $150.00 +S&H. The stock tire is way too rounded for a sidecar so I went looking for a suitable car tire replacement and was referred to this site as the place to find out what tire would fit. I would love a wide WW like the other tires but can live with a BW tire if I can way better milage for less $$ , Thanks for any replies.

scrinch

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Tire for Harley Road King ? Empty Re: Tire for Harley Road King ?

Post  twin1300 Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 am

scrinch,

I got some bad news for you on the RK! My father in law has a '01 RK and I have been trying for years to find something to fit his, but the dang belt keeps you from having one. There is NO clearance with the belt. Heck, our Honda front tires are bigger than your RK's rear tire, so I am afraid you are stuck with some kind of Dunflop! Not the news you wanted to hear, but it's been attempted with no success.

Good luck and welcome to our site. We have told many people that the darkside is an attitude and NOT the just the running of a car tire. So make yourself at home, we are a riding site also!

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  scrinch Mon May 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks Bobby, You saved me a lot of time and probably aggravation trying something that wasn't going to work anyway. Bummer!! Maybe I can find a AVON sidecar tire .....it would be better than the round Dunflop.

scrinch

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down