Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barum Bravuris

+5
smokey2255
twin1300
ttexastim
nodakbassmaster
fish and teach
9 posters

Go down

Barum Bravuris Empty Barum Bravuris

Post  fish and teach Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 pm

brand new to this site as a member but have been using it as a reference/research guide for a while. Well, it's finally time to do the deed and I've been looking and thinking and have finally found this tire. Looking for good/bad-yea/nea comments on this one on a 2004 Honda Shadow Spirit ( VT1100C).

Barum Bravuris

Thanks for the advice, and the great website
fish and teach
fish and teach

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Barum Bravuris Empty Re: Barum Bravuris

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:40 pm

website is down, but I've never heard of the brand...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fish and teach Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 pm

It's one of the tires listed on the Shadow thread, but there weren't any comments as to good/bad. Anything that works and goes down the road would have to be better than the $200+ Pirelli m/c tire I have on the bike right now. It's ben a great tire, but the $$$ is a little too much.
fish and teach
fish and teach

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:25 pm

There aren't any comments YET! Smile That is the tire I am going to go with in a few months when my Kuhmo is worn out. It looks great. I talked to the guy at Discount Tire and told him what I was doing. He told me he would take the Barnum over the General Grabber because according to him, Barnum makes better tires then General.

I know Steve-O is eyeing this tire too. You may have to be the first and tell us all what you think. Otherwise, just wait a few months and I'll be doing it.

I don't know anything about the bike. Mine is a 1990 VT1100C and I LOVE the bike.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:56 pm

So far no one I know of has gotten the Barum Bravuris to seat the bead yet!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm

That is one of the tires that blew up and broke the techs arm. I would shy away from it myself.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  fish and teach Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 pm

smokey2255 wrote:That is one of the tires that blew up and broke the techs arm. I would shy away from it myself.

See you out there
Smokey

Thanks, this was the type of input I was looking for, though I must admit that I was hoping for a more positive type of input.

Thanks also for the difficulty in getting it to seat reply. I may be having to do a little more research. Crying or Very sad (sorry, I love emoticons!)
fish and teach
fish and teach

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Always better to go tried and true with the first one, and experiment later if you want.....But that is JMHO.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 pm

It hasn't been tried on the VT1100 as far as I know. One person got it on a 1300 with no problems. I'm eying this tire as it comes in a 185 size. Might be next year before it goes on though. This dang douglas just won't wear out!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Steve-O wrote:It hasn't been tried on the VT1100 as far as I know. One person got it on a 1300 with no problems. I'm eying this tire as it comes in a 185 size. Might be next year before it goes on though. This dang douglas just won't wear out!

I know what you mean, got 18,000 on mine and it looks like its got another 50,000 to go. Not bad for a 40,000 tire

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  fish and teach Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:44 pm

What Douglas tire is this that you speak of?
fish and teach
fish and teach

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 am

I run the mud and snow version like Twin, Hudi and others on my 1300R. Doesnt have a fancy tread pattern but it does perform extremly well.

Barum Bravuris Douglastireuh2

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 am

+1 as always Jedison! It is a great tire!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 am

Steve-O wrote:It hasn't been tried on the VT1100 as far as I know. One person got it on a 1300 with no problems. I'm eying this tire as it comes in a 185 size. Might be next year before it goes on though. This dang douglas just won't wear out!

You know Steve, if you really want to go to that thinner tire soon, I would probably be willing to buy your Douglas if the price was right. Blue Bonnet Season is all but here, and I've never been to Ennis. What do you think?

Since I drive a mile on dirt each day, the douglas tread might be perfect for me.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am

This is a very smooth and awsome tire. The grip is great on sharp turn and twisties. Looks really nice on the bike too. I tried to bead it myself and couldn't do it....so I gave it to a guy that has experience and he said it did it in 15 min. I think I just needed to do it a few times and would of had it bead. You just need to let the air out when inserting it back to the bike and it fits my 1100 fine.

I think if you tried it like someone in here that used a buffer to buff the rims shiney and then use veggie oil or grease and it should be no problem.

I've have a few people that loved the tire already while riding it. So far...over 300 miles on it with no issue, and I still love every min on it. I've been riding in 30 degree weather with salt and sand still on the roads.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 pm

ttexastim wrote:

You know Steve, if you really want to go to that thinner tire soon, I would probably be willing to buy your Douglas if the price was right. Blue Bonnet Season is all but here, and I've never been to Ennis. What do you think?

Since I drive a mile on dirt each day, the douglas tread might be perfect for me.

I'll give you my old tire in August (maybe). I'll get my new tire "firey hot" in the texas heat before I put it on. ought to work. We'll get with David and see what his availability is around that time. If you need it sooner, let me know.

May have to try this Barum just to see if I can get it on! Although my last experimental tire cost me $100, so may want to go with a GYTT or something tried and true. We'll see.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Sounds like a plan. I'll see if I can make it till August. My wear bars are showing! Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:42 am

call me if you need the tire now. I have some weekends in May that are open.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Barum Bravuris Empty Barum Bravuris 205/65

Post  the Ricker Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:13 pm

I am running a Bravuris 205/65 r15 on my 1400 Intruder. Really nice tire. Looks awesome on the bike. The tire came from a Discount Tire store, under $65.00 out the door. I took it and my rim to a SteelHorse / Big Dog dealer and they proceeded to blow up my nice new tire... had everyone in the building running all over the place. Two "mechanics" fiddled with it for about 1/2 an hour before running it up to about 90psi or so. Well, no one was hurt and my rim was ok. I took the tire back to Discount Tire and they handed me a new one.!!! Even after I explained what had happened. GREAT folks. They offered to give it a try. Well the Suzuki 1400 rim has the notorius little rim bead running around the inside and was not letting the thing seat so I used a cutoff wheel on my 5" diegrinder and did away with the thing. I also did the tubeless conversion while I was at it. The Bravuris has a little bit of oversqueeze rubber from the moulding process all around the inside radius right where it wants to seat and a small utility blade cut that off smoothly. That may or may not have been a problem, but I was not going to risk not getting seated this time. There was a factory weld on the rim that held the Discount guys up a little , but once they got the bead over the weld it seated right up. 60psi I think he said. If I had paid more attention to it I would have ground down the weld beforehand.

The ride is "better" than my Michelin Commander that I took off, which was still low miles.

the Ricker
the Ricker
the Ricker

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Good looking tire. Thanks for the update! Have to look at that tire really hard again.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down