Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barum Bravuris

+2
stayung
Steve-O
6 posters

Go down

Barum Bravuris Empty Barum Bravuris

Post  Steve-O Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Went to Discount tire to have my cage fixed today. Saw these tires on the rack. They have a more gentle shoulder to them plus a good tread pattern. I think the more sloped shoulder will improve the feel of the tire at slow speeds on sloped roads (alleys), asphault seams, and tar snakes.

Jerdes recently put the 205 on his bike, but they also sell a 195! Both tires are very reasonable.

Barum Bravuris 205/65-15 $71
and
Barum Bravuris 195/65-15 $58

I've been looking for a 185 or 195 for our bikes. This is the first one I found at a retailer in stock.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Barum Bravuris Empty Re: Barum Bravuris

Post  stayung Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 am

Steve o if your still there, how did that Barum work out for you? I have a VTX1300R. Saw this tire at Discount tire also for $54. If it is not a good choice then I will be getting the General Altimax for $80. Can't find a Grabber around here and the Michelin Hydoedge is out of my trial price range.
stayung
stayung

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:00 am

stayung wrote:Steve o if your still there, how did that Barum work out for you? I have a VTX1300R. Saw this tire at Discount tire also for $54. If it is not a good choice then I will be getting the General Altimax for $80. Can't find a Grabber around here and the Michelin Hydoedge is out of my trial price range.

The Douglas from walmart isn't pretty but its cheap and works good.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 am

I will be going with the Bravarius 205 when I replace mine soon. More info to come.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  stayung Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey ttex I will be doing this Friday. I still haven't heard alot about this tire. Have you done any research on the tire? Besides you I have seen 1 thread with few responses that mentioned this brand but that person said that it was working for them. I don't know how many miles he had on it and I think he said that it was his first one. He had nothing to compare it to. Are you in my boat and bout to jump in the water with me or have you already been on the Darkside? If I can't find anymore info by Friday I will most likely go with the General Altimax. I do have a VTX 1300R but the only other guy the I mentioned earlier was from the forum. Either way I will let you know how it went. I have 2 places that will mount it. One is rebuilding 2 motors and the other I have never dealt with but they are a reputable place and my first place suggected them if I had to be riding on Friday.
stayung
stayung

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:54 pm

I've run 9K on my Kuhmo 165/80/15. This tire will be my second CT I've put on.

A lot of this CT stuff is pioneering. Since there's only a handfull of us, there's only a handful of tires that have been tried. Steve-O keeps changing every few thousand miles though, so maybe soon he will have gone through them all for us. Wink LOL.

For me, I just like to hear that someone was able to get the tire to seat. If it will seat, then it's up to me whether I like how it performs or not. You really just want to watch out for those tires that no one could seat. Steve-O identified one like that.

I like the bravarious for 2 reasons ... price, and tread pattern. That's pretty much it. Can't wait to try it though. This will be my first time riding on the wideside! Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 pm

ttexastim wrote:I've run 9K on my Kuhmo 165/80/15. Smile

Is that ALL ??? Shocked Very Happy Shocked Shocked Just kidding Tim...

Let me know when you're ready and we can do the tire in Ennis it you want. Steve-O's too!

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Do you realize that in the same time I've put 9K on mine, you've put well over 17K on yours? LOL ... you are a riding machine!

BTW ... how is the motorcycle instructor thing going? I haven't chatted with you since you passed your test and started teaching. You liking it?
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm

ttexastim wrote:Do you realize that in the same time I've put 9K on mine, you've put well over 17K on yours? LOL ... you are a riding machine!

BTW ... how is the motorcycle instructor thing going? I haven't chatted with you since you passed your test and started teaching. You liking it?
Love it! Getting ready to be a real busy time for me and riding will be at a min. I guess I better be glad that some Texans are chicken to ride in the winter. That is when I get to ride.....

In fact, this weekend I am adding the HD/Buell Riders Edge Instructor training to my arsenal this weekend. IT's 4 days of additional training. I will be teaching at two schools now... I hope to teach 1 HD weekend and 2 other reg. MSF BRC weekends a month... GOOD extra motorcycle $$'s for me!! yahoo!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:11 am

DS-Wing-Nut wrote:
ttexastim wrote:Do you realize that in the same time I've put 9K on mine, you've put well over 17K on yours? LOL ... you are a riding machine!

Love it! Getting ready to be a real busy time for me and riding will be at a min. I guess I better be glad that some Texans are chicken to ride in the winter. That is when I get to ride.....

In fact, this weekend I am adding the HD/Buell Riders Edge Instructor training to my arsenal this weekend. IT's 4 days of additional training. I will be teaching at two schools now... I hope to teach 1 HD weekend and 2 other reg. MSF BRC weekends a month... GOOD extra motorcycle $$'s for me!! yahoo!

That is awsome. You go bro. I think that teaching the course would be great. I would like to attend the advanced course again. I had a blast when I took it years ago. Teaching the course is one of my ambitions. At this time even signing of for the course is outta the question due to working offshore.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum