Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dumb question of the day

+3
smokey2255
jedishon
manatee x
7 posters

Go down

dumb question of the day Empty dumb question of the day

Post  manatee x Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:38 pm

When I had my CT put on yesterday, I got a lot of ribbing from the guys in the shop saying that it will be just a matter of time before I go down. They also said the sidewall is too soft and the bike will be jittery all over the road. Well I know already the second thing isn't true. the bike feels much more staple. especially at low speeds. I do have to put a little more umph in to the turns but it's hardly noticibile, plus being 285# lets me throw the old girl around a bit( the bike that is)
So here's my dumb question. Have there been any documented accidents or injuries that can be connected to having a modern CT on a motorcycle/
manatee x
manatee x

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

dumb question of the day Empty Re: dumb question of the day

Post  jedishon Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 pm

so far there have been ZERO cases. If there were any documented cases saying the reason he crashed is his ct. every one on this site is honorable enough that it would be posted and brought to every ones attention. And I do mean everyone.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Well now Unca Jerr thats not totally true, you are forgetting about Muntz. His accident was a direct result of the car tire. Had he not had a car tire, he would not of been screwing around trying to do a burnout and unintentionally launching into a wheelie and scaring the shit out of himself which in turn caused him to land it and high side it all at the same time. While this is not due to a car tire malfunction or a failure it can be blamed on the tire ........ or maybe on Muntz's inate ability to take a really cool moment and screw it all up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Muntz .... only cause you might come back and tell stories on me ,,,,,, lmao

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Well now Unca Jerr thats not totally true, you are forgetting about Muntz. His accident was a direct result of the car tire. Had he not had a car tire, he would not of been screwing around trying to do a burnout and unintentionally launching into a wheelie and scaring the shit out of himself which in turn caused him to land it and high side it all at the same time. While this is not due to a car tire malfunction or a failure it can be blamed on the tire ........ or maybe on Muntz's inate ability to take a really cool moment and screw it all up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Muntz .... only cause you might come back and tell stories on me ,,,,,, lmao

See you out there
Smokey

BWwhahahaha Well there was that one!...................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing No other cases that we know contributed by the car tire. A lot of saves though! Saved my hide quite a few times.

.............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:14 pm

[quote="smokey2255"]Well now Unca Jerr thats not totally true, you are forgetting about Muntz. His accident was a direct result of the car tire. Had he not had a car tire, he would not of been screwing around trying to do a burnout and unintentionally launching into a wheelie and scaring the shit out of himself which in turn caused him to land it and high side it all at the same time. While this is not due to a car tire malfunction or a failure it can be blamed on the tire ........ or maybe on Muntz's inate ability to take a really cool moment and screw it all up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now that is too funny. sorry Muntz, lol, only because I won't try a burnout, I don't think the vlx is up to doing one. Rolling Eyes

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Well now Unca Jerr thats not totally true, you are forgetting about Muntz. His accident was a direct result of the car tire. Had he not had a car tire, he would not of been screwing around trying to do a burnout and unintentionally launching into a wheelie and scaring the shit out of himself which in turn caused him to land it and high side it all at the same time. While this is not due to a car tire malfunction or a failure it can be blamed on the tire ........ or maybe on Muntz's inate ability to take a really cool moment and screw it all up Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey

I didn't contribute that to the tire. That was Muntz being himself. Funny stuff though......
Thanks for the reminder Smokey.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

dumb question of the day Empty Facts are what you make them!!!!!!

Post  yank Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 pm

I remember a thread on the other board about a rider crashing his bike at the drag strip and the naysayers jumped on that as a bonified reason for not using a car tire and saying thats why he crashed,,CRAP!!! I raced for 2 years as a privateer for Honda in Lancaster NY (83-85 ) 1/8 mile. I ran stock 1100 on a V65 Magna. I would have given just about anything to have been able to run a CT, and stayed in stock class, not to be though. A record I set at that track stood for over 9 years. 1/8 mile 105 mph at 6.95 seconds. Yes the bike had been blueprinted by Honda and was quite q bit faster then the production one, but still legal by the rules. With the added traction I could have gotten with the CT who knows what kinda record I could a set. I ate rear tires on the street with that bike every 2500 to 3500 miles. Anyway the facts are I've seen countless bikes go down at the track with MT tires on so you can make the facts say what you want.

Doug
Ps The 780 on the helmet was the record from the year before held by my buddy I rode with( Kaw 1100 7.80 at 89 mph ) He's still my buddy.
dumb question of the day Slowgoing
yank
yank

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:35 pm

twin1300 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

BWwhahahaha Well there was that one!...................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing No other cases that we know contributed by the car tire. A lot of saves though! Saved my hide quite a few times.

How did this one get by me??? Suspect

Besides Smokey, its still a cool factor moment. Burnouts are cool & Chicks dig scars. 🤡
P.S. It was the 6th burnout that I decided to ride out at full throttle that was the problem. That day I left some meat on the street. The tire & mine.

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz
King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Muntz wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

How did this one get by me??? Suspect

Besides Smokey, its still a cool factor moment. Burnouts are cool & Chicks dig scars. 🤡
P.S. It was the 6th burnout that I decided to ride out at full throttle that was the problem. That day I left some meat on the street. The tire & mine.

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz
King

ALL BOW TO THE WHEELIE KINK .... UMMMMM I mean KING. Razz

Glad to see you back fending for yourself Mark, tired of doing all your fighting for you. Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content