Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiss My Ice Ride 2009

+2
Badmoon
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
6 posters

Go down

Kiss My Ice Ride 2009 Empty Kiss My Ice Ride 2009

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:53 am

We are headin' to Mt.Mitchell for New Years Day . If you would like to enter 2009 at the highest and coldest place in the south post back here or e-mail me for details.I just checked and it's 21 degrees with 81 mph wind gust on Mt.Mitchell today should be one to remember .Picture below was taken a couple years ago on top of Mitchell when I still had my Suzuki Bandit 1200S. This ride is NOT for fair weather bikers.
Kiss My Ice Ride 2009 KissMyIceRide009Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Kiss My Ice Ride 2009 Empty Re: Kiss My Ice Ride 2009

Post  Badmoon Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:56 am

Are you NUTZ ????
My Coon-ass dont like temps below 30 degrees.

Be safe and enjoy. Post a report when you thaw out. Dang man are for real?
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 am

The fog reminds me of the last few days I headed in to work, kind of surprised I was the only bike on the roads those days. It only hit in the low 40's so Black Ice wasn't a possibility but I normaly stay away from temps like that in wet weather.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Kiss My Ice Ride 2009 Empty Where the heck is Mt. Mitchell?

Post  Goose Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:29 am

Hey Smokin'joe, Where the heck is Mt. Mitchell? I want to put that in my book of places I don't want to ride at on New Years Day. We are having a Polar Bear Ride New Years Day and are planning a ride across The Cherohola Skyway and back thru The Dragon, and people look at me like I have 2 heads on my shoulders or something, when they ask where the ride is going. So heres looking back at you! (LOL) Just kidding have fun be safe and bring extra clothes looks like we both will need them New Years Day!!!! [GOOSE]
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Goose wrote:Hey Smokin'joe, Where the heck is Mt. Mitchell? I want to put that in my book of places I don't want to ride at on New Years Day. We are having a Polar Bear Ride New Years Day and are planning a ride across The Cherohola Skyway and back thru The Dragon, and people look at me like I have 2 heads on my shoulders or something, when they ask where the ride is going. So heres looking back at you! (LOL) Just kidding have fun be safe and bring extra clothes looks like we both will need them New Years Day!!!! [GOOSE]
Mt.Mitchell is about 35 miles north of Asheville ,North Carolina on The Blue Ridge Parkway. We came through Cleveland last Monday on our way home from the Mississippi coast we was rollin' around 100 mph when we rode by Smile .I live outside of Knoxville and we ride every weekend give me a shout sometime we'll hook up in Tellico Plains at the Biker Shed and run Cherohala Skyline. Don't forget to check out Bald River Falls you'll be right at it tomorrow it should look pretty cool if its got ice on it.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxdavis Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 pm

we are going across the skyway tomorrow. goose is going to try and freezes us
vtxdavis
vtxdavis

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:29 am

how'd it go? You guys defrosted yet?
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Kiss My Ice Ride 2009 Empty Polar Bear Ride

Post  Goose Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Hey Smokin'Joe, Ride was great, was a little cold starting out but after we got adjusted to being popsiciles we were ok. Saw the pictures from you guys ride and all I can say is AWESOME! People who stayed at home New Years Day and didn't get out and ride missed out. The temp at 3000ft was 50 deg. on the skyway at 5000ft it was a little cooler but the view was clear and very nice! The ride thru the Dragon was the best time out of all the times I have riden thru there our group (16 Bikes) and maybe a half a dozen or so others is all that was there, we blasted thru as fast as we wanted (or some of us could) HA HA. Well when we can get someone who can help me get the pics posted we will get them on the DARKSIDE. Thanks [GOOSE] Be Safe
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down