Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod.....

4 posters

Go down

Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod..... Empty Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod.....

Post  Kyoujin Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Hey all. First post, newbie out here, flame away. Smile Anyways, I am having a problem with my recent run turn brake mod.....I've been at VTXOA for almost a year and I'm not having much luck there, so I figured I'd check ya'll out since I hear so much about the Darkside......somewhat considering it myself. Anyways, I want to know who has done this mod and removed their OEM brake light, just running two, dual filament after market lights with incandescent bulbs (or LED's, I don't care) and what part did you use to make it work. I have an 06 F model and am about to start pulling out my hair!!! The running lights work fine....the turn signals by themselves are fine....when I apply the brake, I can faintly see the signal indicator lights light up, and when I apply the brake and use the blinker it flashes double fast like a bulb is burnt out or like I have LED's in there (but don't) Please....someone.....anyone!!!! I'm losing it here. Smile Thanks all. I appreciate it greatly.

Josh
Kyoujin
Kyoujin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod..... Empty Re: Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod.....

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 am

no experience here with it, and I don't know what you have tried thus far...

PM X'N on the oa and tell him I sent you... he's fairly knowledgeable about that unit if I recall correctly...

Welcome! Feel free to hang around...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod..... Empty Re: Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod.....

Post  horseman8m Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am

Did you do the Bare's break MOD??
I did that one.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey man, not to sound like an (donkey reference here), you posted this 20 minutes after your post on the OA..... results aren't instantaneous, especially on boards that are frequented by other people who log on and post as they have time 9or can depending on work restrictions) and after reading posts may or may not have time at that particular moment to post a solution or idea...

I understand you may be frustrated and wanting to get your results, but as I stated before, I can't help you and you are gonna have to wait until someone can (or figure it out on your own). Here or elsewhere...

You remind me of me... did you post this up on the Ca board, Tx board, Wv board, VTXcafe, or the myriad of other VTX boards besides the VTXOA out there? (I haven't checked, nor will I, but that is multiple other sources for your question/answer...)

There is a myriad of options available for VTX boards.....

Just FYI....
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyoujin Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Nope....I started out on the OA, then was told to try my luck here.....so I basically did the same post on each board one after another. I figured not everyone frequents both boards, so maybe someone could tell me something from one that I wouldn't find out from another. I have been pointed to someone on the biker haven board (lol....3rd times the charm?) and I think I may be getting closer.....someone here told me to contact someone on that board, so I'm about to go tear into the wiring again and hopefully I'll have it fixed in the next 30 minutes or so. I hate to say this....but I think in my infinite mechanical skills and electrical knowledge...I may have crossed a wire or two. LOL Leave it to me to do something like that....sad thing is....I am a mechanic for a living....but in my defense....I work on big diesel trucks for the Army.
Kyoujin
Kyoujin

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm

that makes sense.... just sounded odd the way I read into it I guess....

hope it works for you!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyoujin Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:50 pm

I was just about to post....sadly, I knew what I was doing...the wires are hooked up right. I pulled out the incandescent bulbs and put in the LED bulbs. I thought it was just doing a constant double speed flash, but I noticed that when I put on the brakes now, the front turn signals flash like fast hazard lights. I just don't know what's going on now. I'm lost. Smile
Kyoujin
Kyoujin

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:29 am

hum... Ok....new to the board and having problems with a run turn brake mod..... Kidding%20(5)
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyoujin Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 am

I know I'm stumped also. I'm gonna have to start calling bike shops around here I guess and see if anyone can tell me anything. Not having all that much luck on my own this time. Sad
Kyoujin
Kyoujin

Back to top Go down

Post  daves1300s Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:45 am

Just a thought, do you have a turn signal buzzer set up on your scoot? I found that when I tried a simple run turn mod the buzzer alowed continuity back through the circuit. It was either run turn or buzzer but not both. Good luck.
Dave

daves1300s

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyoujin Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 pm

When you say buzzer do you mean like a back up alarm or just something that makes noise when the blinker is on? Not quite sure what you're referring too, but no, nothing like that.....
Kyoujin
Kyoujin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum