Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakebit - Another one bites the dust!

5 posters

Go down

Snakebit - Another one bites the dust! Empty Snakebit - Another one bites the dust!

Post  Muntz Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:40 am

Well actually it was the same one.

We went to eat crawfish at my sisters yesterday evening and I took "Ebony" out to stretch her legs. Well when I go there the boys wanted to play basketball. So I moved her. Then the crawfish were ready so I moved her again. Then I was in the way there too, so I moved her out in the field behind her house past the last vehicle.

Later we are eating crawfish, we had to move inside because of the mosquitoes. Casually my brother tells me .....He backed into my bike. I thought he was joking. He had this look on his face. He says I knocked it over on the same side you wrecked it on, but theres no damage.

I really thought he was jerking my chain. My family is full of $hit-stirrers and I thought he was just cranking things off for the evening. So I stayed calm and ate my crawfish. But his girlfriend kept making comments, and I'd only met her once before. It was actually her truck. I finally over hear him whisper to her, Shut up I don't want him to get mad until he sees it.

Well I had eaten my crawfish & curiousity had eaten the cat, so I took a walk. As soon as I walked up to her I knew she was hurt again.

Another Bent set of Handlebars.

Im not sure of anything else I had just shined her up before we went to my sisters, and I found a few little scuffs that I had missed before, from the burnout episode.

We had some pretty good rain spells while we were there and didnt leave until after midnite. My wife and I were up till 2 just talking, so this moring I slept to the last possible minute and jumped in the truck to come to work. I'll have to give Ebony a thorough inspection once I get home today.

Oh yeah the 30 minute trip home with bent bars and wet roads was fun. I took it slow in the turns as the handlebars made it awkward. Once I got on the highway I took it up to 70 - 80mph the rest of the way home. The vibration was stinging my hand by the time I got home. Glad I had the darkside under me, it definitely made me feel more confident.

Last edited by Muntz on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Snakebit - Another one bites the dust! Empty Re: Snakebit - Another one bites the dust!

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:09 am

I have a hard time believing there are more $hitstirrers in your family Laughing Sorry to hear about the bars ... again. Crying or Very sad As soon as I get mine together and out the house I am gonna go ahead and scratch it .... that way the trauma is overwith Shocked

Hope you don't find any more damage to Ebony.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Snakebit - Another one bites the dust! Empty Re: Snakebit - Another one bites the dust!

Post  Muntz Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:14 am

smokey2255 wrote:I have a hard time believing there are more $hitstirrers in your family Laughing Sorry to hear about the bars ... again. Crying or Very sad As soon as I get mine together and out the house I am gonna go ahead and scratch it .... that way the trauma is overwith Shocked

See you out there
Smokey

Smoke do me a favor
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:14 am

Muntz wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:I have a hard time believing there are more $hitstirrers in your family Laughing Sorry to hear about the bars ... again. Crying or Very sad As soon as I get mine together and out the house I am gonna go ahead and scratch it .... that way the trauma is overwith Shocked

See you out there
Smokey

Smoke do me a favor

I mean do Cassie a favor................ just get the dang thing together
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:15 am

Muntz wrote:
Muntz wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Smoke do me a favor

I mean do Cassie a favor................ just get the dang thing together

Twin already told me he was gonna scuff your tank for ya, just for the memories. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:20 am

I am off work tomorrow monday and tuesday. It will be on the road tuesday barring a world disaster, or me getting pissed off at the world some more Laughing If Twin has the scuff covered then I will leave it for him to do Laughing Man I felt baaadd about that for about 1.2 seconds Laughing Embarassed . Snit happens

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:08 pm

smokey2255 wrote:I am off work tomorrow monday and tuesday. It will be on the road tuesday barring a world disaster, or me getting pissed off at the world some more Laughing If Twin has the scuff covered then I will leave it for him to do Laughing Man I felt baaadd about that for about 1.2 seconds Laughing Embarassed . Snit happens

See you out there
Smokey

You sure aren't leaving any SNAFU time in there. I'd hate to think Mt. Ida will be the maiden voyage.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:42 am

sorry to here of your misfortune. Sad hope you get Ebony back on the road soon. best wishes.. Griz
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:02 am

Muntz......dude what are you doing.....they say bad things happen in threes...two with Ebony and your job.....I'd say you are in for a change of luck.....its not gonna get worse.....glad you were still able to get her home.....I hate stupid brothers....I'll tell you about it sometime.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Bumped for Moon!!! Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Yep.
I would say that he owes you a new set and maybe some crome doo dads for Eb too. Man that sucks at least it is keeping you sharp on your mechanical skills. If you are like me I enjoy taking my baby apart. The thing is that there is always extra parts when Im done. (Kidding most of the time)

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Badmoon wrote:Yep.
I would say that he owes you a new set and maybe some crome doo dads for Eb too. Man that sucks at least it is keeping you sharp on your mechanical skills. If you are like me I enjoy taking my baby apart. The thing is that there is always extra parts when Im done. (Kidding most of the time)

Moon

My mechanical skill set is small but I'm learning to venture out of my comfort zone. I would rather not crashing my stuff up and spend more time riding. Oh well it comes with the territory. My brother is mailing me the check today. So I will probably order them tonight.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Great, Glad he is making it good. Yeah your right, you prolly need a break for a bit huh? Bet you do... Should get togather before it gets too hot to ride. ( just thought I would throw that in there for yall yankee folks that read this)

Peace yall
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Its never too hot to ride, just go faster!!!!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down