Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Goldwing Tire Choices

2 posters

Go down

Good Goldwing Tire Choices Empty Good Goldwing Tire Choices

Post  Ratslayer Tue May 18, 2021 4:49 pm

I have had some good luck with DS tires and wanted to share my results.

Front Tire:  Bridgestone BT 45 Battleax 130/70 R18 MC @ 38 psi Total mileage for the mounting 27,353 miles, well worn and great service.  Unfortunately I had to replace it on a summer vacation and could not replace it with another but I have one in reserve for the next change.

Rear Tire: Two Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55 R16 Run Flat  @ 31 psi  Screw in the sidewall and replaced at 18,775 miles and second full run of 25,493 miles.  I'm so sad they quit makin that tire.
Current Rear Tire is a Perelli Cinturato 195/55 R16 Run Flat and I did run it flat for about 100 miles and other than loosing some handling ability it was fine.  I screw went through and I plugged it.  Once I got to where I could make a proper repair I finished my trip to Sturgis and am still running the same tire today.  It currently has 8,600 miles and is doing great.

I have become a fan of run flat tires and will continue to run them.  The Battleax BT45 did a great job of wearing well on the flat ground and maintaining the compounded sides for the curves.  In my opinion the best front tire for a Goldwing period.

2005 GL 1800 ABS
Ratslayer
Ratslayer

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-01-09

http://sealoctvs.com

Back to top Go down

Good Goldwing Tire Choices Empty Re: Good Goldwing Tire Choices

Post  Andy Cote Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:53 am

I have had good success with the BT45 (now BT46) on the front.

I'll add a good choice for the rear. I have been using the Bridgestone Driveguard run flat. On my second one. The first suffered a significant gash on the roadway and run flat did its job.
Andy Cote
Andy Cote

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down