Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just my thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Just my thoughts Empty Just my thoughts

Post  cerooth Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:45 am

I saw on the VXTOA (a.k.a the Other Board or O.B. for short) more about the Darkside. As usual the nay sayers came out and started blasting away the idea, but that's to be expected. So I put some of my random thoughts out for you to read 'cause I can.

I can't help but remember a little bit of the history of the motorcycle every time I hear "You can't put a Car Tire on a Motorcycle". Back before the Motorcycle Tire was ever invented, the only tires around were Bicycle tires and Car tires, both were relatively the same size. Over a hundred years have passed since then and major advances have taken place. So some would wonder just why would you revert pack to the "old ways"? The answer is different for everyone that does.

For me it's not only economical ( I can't see why I should fork over $300 a year for 2 rear tires when I can pay under $60 for one that will last 2-3 years) but it does help give me a sense for those who pioneered this industry. It reminds me of actually doing what must be done instead of saying it's impossible. If you look around you'll find that a lot of people will continue the "Old Ways" and not think about it. They will make what they need/want if they can't go out and but it. They willingly help others out and not ask for anything in return.

As it has always been there will always be the nay sayers, and it doesn't matter if what the idea is they are against it. When Beer was first invented it was to feed the slaves/workers building the Pyramids in Egypt. Today Beer still feeds the slaves/workers though we like to think of ourselves as more advanced society then back then.

As with all new/different ideas some will look down upon them without even trying and that's ok. Some ideas are out of most people's comfort zones. With the Darkside you have people who have already taken that step, learned the issues involved with it, and have made it work. It's not for everyone and if it was we'd be unique, just like everyone else. Twisted Evil
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Just my thoughts Empty Re: Just my thoughts

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:15 am

Cerooth,

Good observation. I know why the M/T manufactures don't make a type of car tire for our cruisers, because of the liability that someone might put it on a crotchrocket and lean TOO far and get on the sidewall and hurt themselves. That's why they don't do it! If we can figure out it works...you know they KNOW IT WORKS. But why would the manufactures say that....they are making a killing of the nay sayers....hehehehehehe

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down